Feel, Felt, Found

smokin goose

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kentucky
I learned a new skill this week to use for potential client objections for setting an appointment.

OBJECTION

I can certainly understand why you "feel" that way.

A lot of my current clients "felt" the same way initially.

But what I've "found" is after they understand our program/products/etc, they seen value in what we had to offer.

I'm free on Tuesday at 10:00 and Thursday at 1:00. Which works best for you?

What do you all think?

I learned a new skill this week to use for potential client objections for setting an appointment.

OBJECTION

But what I've "found" is after they understand our program/products/etc, they seen value in what we had to offer.

What do you all think?

Penn Life taught us to say wheb I worked there. It didn't seen to work any better or worse than anything else.

OBJECTION

What do you all think?

Sounds like you went to Allstate Insurance Sales School circa: 1995. [the year I went:) ] The "I'm free on Tues or Thurs" is called the "Alternative of choice close." Both techniques work great and have been around a long, long time:) Every salesman needs these techniques in their sales tool bag IMHO.

Unless you ask more questions... you won't understand a damn thing about your prospect, what they are thinking and why... nor will they let you in the door.

Don't use this right away. Ask more questions until you feel that you're getting to the REAL answer. This shows patience and respect for the person you're talking to.

Once you get to the REAL answer, thank them for sharing that with you and that you can understand and APPRECIATE how they feel.

Then offer to make a suggestion. "Why don't we meet and see what happens?"

Feel/Felt/Found has been around for decades.
Prospects have heard this, along with the two time close, dozens, if not hundreds, of times.
In my opinion, saying these things will not set you apart from your competition.
Be yourself, show the prospect you care, and offer them one time to sit down with you. Remember, your time is as valuable as their time. Tell them when you have availability. They'll tell you if they need another time/date and you'll squeeze them in.
As far as rebuttals, validate (agree with) their objections and move forward with a plan for overcoming those objections---whether they are true objections or smokescreens.

I have never liked the "feel" question.. A person can "feel" whatever they want and have no idea why they "feel" that way making it impossible to reason with them on that basis. I prefer to ask the person "What do you think? Why do you think that? Others have thought that until they reviewed the facts, etc.

Sounds great. I learned this from my first sales job and it was selling Direct TV. And now as I was taking my sales course with insurance company, same technique were taught. I think its great, after you build the connection.:yes:

Back