Feeling Out my Options, Thinking About Senior Insurance...good Idea?

NRE427

I am licensed in IL and am looking to start a career. I think I'd rather stay away from local agencies, and I have considered senior insurance from home. I've tried to do a lot of research on here, but to be honest, I just get more confused the more I read. There seems to be a lot of lingo, and it also seems that you are always walking the line of being legal. I look forward to being an aggressive salesman, but I do not want to get into any legal trouble. Is this something that an experienced producer works their way into? Or is this something a "new guy" could also do? I'd love any information and thank you all, this forum is great.

You will need to get training, captive or independent at this point shouldn't matter much. I would try and find an independent producer that will let you own your book (not assign commissions). If your getting into the senior market, it's good to be a go getter, but don't be pushy and "aggressive". There is a lot to learn, and without training from an experienced producer, your chances of success are minimal. With training and a good work ethic you'll have a great start. Good luck!

Aggressive was the wrong word. What I meant is that I'm looking forward to working very hard and trying 100% in my sales field. I know that in a lot of cases it does no good to be aggressive, especially when you're working with seniors.

Aggressive was the wrong word. What I meant is that I'm looking forward to working very hard and trying 100% in my sales field. I know that in a lot of cases it does no good to be aggressive, especially when you're working with seniors.

I can think of Zero cases where it does any good. Unless you want to work for Bankers. Then it's beneficial.

There is aggressive, and then there is aggressive.

You should want someone's business, and they should know it. You should be active and constantly prospecting for new business. But you shouldn't be intimidating and pressuring.

You should want someone's business, and they should know it. You should be active and constantly prospecting for new business. But you shouldn't be intimidating and pressuring.

That's exactly what I meant by aggressive, but I do think that was the wrong choice of word.

I agree, its ok to be aggressive, as long as your not aggressive. So if your aggressive, make sure your aggressive, not aggressive, because people like agents that are aggressive, but not aggressive. So go out there and be aggressively aggressive! But remember to not be aggressive, because people dont like aggressive sales people.

Back