FFE Marketplace Carriers in South Carolina

Post Quartermaster

Guru
1000 Post Club
So far looks like Blues, Bluechoice, & Coventry from what I am hearing.

However, a quick google search just turned up a new co-op claiming to be on exchange in 2014:

March 2013 Newsletter

Posted on March 5, 2013
Greenville Office Grand Opening and Open House
Please join us as we celebrate the grand opening of our Greenville Office Tuesday, March19th, 4 – 6 p.m.
The office is located at 101 West Court Street, Suite A in beautiful downtown Greenville. Local community leaders have been invited to join our CCHPSC President/CEO Jerry Burgess in the ribbon-cutting promptly at 5:15 p.m.
Don’t miss this opportunity to see South Carolina’s first ever health insurance CO-OP and learn more about the vital role Consumers’ Choice will play in health reform here in South Carolina. RSVP here.
Health Reform Updates…
Instructions Released for Agent/Broker Data Collection for the Federally Facilitated Exchange
Continuing in the preparation for South Carolina’s operation on the federally facilitated exchange, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently added Agent/Broker Data Collection to the list of downloadable materials. These important documents include registration and exchange training information. Click here to download.

Only One Application Needed for New Insurance Marketplace
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ (HHS) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced a single, streamlined application for the new health insurance marketplace (formerly called “the exchange”). South Carolina has opted-out of setting up a state-run marketplace, therefore; new subscribers may enroll using the federally-facilitated marketplace.

With just one application, new subscribers will be able to find out eligibility for and enroll in a Medicaid, CHIP (children’s health insurance program) or an APTC (advance payment tax credit/subsidized) benefit plan. Consumers’ Choice Health Plan will be one of the APTC health plan options and will also be available to consumers and businesses through one of our agents or brokers. Learn more.
Pre-existing Condition Denials Officially a Thing of The Past
In preparation for the October opening of the national Health Insurance Marketplace (the “exchange”), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, recently released the final rule on ending health insurance denials due to pre-existing. Read more here.

CCHPSC in The Community, Be sure to catch Consumers’ Choice participating in these community events:

24 states received Co-Op Start-up money from the Feds. Was supposed to be 50 states, but HHS didn't have enough money. These are brand new insurance companies and some are failing even before the October 1st launch date.

Thanks for this info.

I see that Coventry is the only carrier with county-by-county availability transparency.

So far my county has only one Blue contract in processing.

----------

24 states received Co-Op Start-up money from the Feds. Was supposed to be 50 states, but HHS didn't have enough money. These are brand new insurance companies and some are failing even before the October 1st launch date.

How the hell is that even possible?

(I should have put in for my 'start-up' with large executive bonus)

BTW, my little birdie has it that there is another in SC that maintains they will be exchange-participating.

Their name is... redundant sounding care.

Back