Fidelity Life Ins Co. CompleteCare Personal Health HELP !!!

Mr Aufait

Hello,
Does anyone know about CompleteCare Personal Health Plans underwritten by Fidelity Life Insurance Company, Kansas City, Missouri, as I am looking at their policy which can be found here at http://agents.norvax.com/quote/brochure/IAC/Individual Brochure.pdf ? Can anyone take a look at that and tell me if there are any red flags? I have asked friends, relatives, neighbors, and thrown the dart at the yellow pages for a few agents (got a Mega one), and I am still health insurance illiterate. I have read forums and talked to agents I didnÂ’t know and the more I read the more confused I get. So help anyone, PLEASE! I am 43, single, self employed, haven't had any medical issues except a knee ortho 20 or so years ago (fine since then), no medications, non-smoker. I live in Indianapolis, IN. 46256. My current carrier, NBA, has raised my rates from $200 to $750 per month over the last few years and the more I read here the more I question what insurance I really do have. I am now looking for different insurance obviously. I am looking at group plans and my business insurance agent who does not sell health recommended I call and go with the Fidelity above. I want good/great coverage and I don't mind paying for it but $750/ mo -- come on. I'd like 1000-1500 deduct, 80% to say 10,000, Looking for great prescription coverage with out of pocket max and reasonable co-pay that would do anything I would ever need (generic, formulary, non-form, ect). Also one that has usual or modest increases. I try to be loyal and I know there are going to be increases but all I want is fair business. I don't want to be one of these horror stories I read about if I get hit by a car tomorrow or find out I need something major and I also want to be covered for anything else that may come up. My business partner died of cancer and he and his family found out the hard way he didnÂ’t have great insurance. People tell me I am paranoid as I want a great medical plan that wonÂ’t leave me stranded. Who can I turn to and believe? I read on a forum here to beware of the difference between usual and customary charges but the plan I'm looking at says they are both I guess. Do I want a group plan as I am and will be self employed for a long time to come? Does anyone know about CompleteCare Personal Health Plans underwritten by Fidelity Life Insurance Company? Can anyone suggest a company that isn't going to screw me if I needed it? I read about Mega and people seem to shame them. People say anthem will raise your rates quick once youÂ’re in. IÂ’m finding that NBA just is junk. If you want a building question answered I can do that but I don't have a lifetime to learn insurance and the specific wording is there to "confuse" us illiterates. I'd hire an independent person to pick a good policy for me if there was such a service. I'm willing to pay for a good policy but I'm too stupid in this area to know a good one from a bad one. The fine print and exclusions and max charges and all the other meat of the policy means nothing if you don't know what the charges would be or just don't get it. Help!!!! Thanks!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I am not familiar with this plan, but I do know FSL. They have never been a major player in the health insurance market. My exposure to them is in the employer (self funded) arena where they gave anyone who could spell underwriter a pen. They are notorious for being a front company with very little skin in the game. I can't say how much risk they are taking in this deal but in the stop loss market it is 10% with the rest ceded to a reinsurer.

Their rates may be attractive today but as soon as the plan goes sour rates will rise and eventually the plan may go away. That is the problem in dealing with a marginal player such as FSL.

IAC is the TPA for this and many other plans. They have a "middle of the road" reputation for service.

That is my $0.05 worth.

Peelerinsurance.com said:
i have delt with this policy quite a bit. send me an email to ------------ and i'll discuss. i am out of town right now but i can discuss via email

lets talk about it here.....what do you like or dis~like about it.....like I do not like this in my health plan....

ihate.jpg

My apology.

However, I do find it curious you are unwilling to share your experience with FSL in this forum.

Scott,

Do you have an opinoin on the FSL product?

I had someone pitch the product to me, wanting me to get licensed in several states and sell it. He described the plan as the hottest seller in the market.

My past experience with FSL in the stop loss business plus all the other made me decide to pass on his offer and FSL. It was not approved in GA at the time and still isn't to the best of my knowledge.

I am not a big fan of IAC.....have seen them go through insurance co's like water.....they design the plan and talk a p&c co into insuring it for them...and its an association plan.....

just checked on the last IAC co that was here in texas....

https://wwwapps.tdi.state.tx.us/pcc...e+and+Marine+Insurance+Company&sysTypeCode=CL

EMPIRE FIRE AND MARINE INSURANCE COMPANY

Premiums: 03 04 05
Accident and Health $14,342,733 $7,964,699 $4,319,324

02-09-2006 APPROVED TO WITHDRAW FROM WRITING ASSOCIATION COVERAGE INSURANCE IN TEXAS. COMPANY MAY NOT RE-ENTER MARKET FOR THIS LINE WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL UNTIL 2/9/2011.

AND this can not be good...

10-16-2006 EFFECTIVE 1/1/2006, AMERICAN SELECT BUSINESS BOOK INCLUDING INDIVIDUAL ACCIDENT AND HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES REINSURED BY GUARANTEE TRUST LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY (37020) GLENVIEW, ILLINOIS.

as well as profits for the last 3 years...mean chili dipper between 04 and 05 then wants out in 06....

03 $123,835,120

04 $672,213,861

05 $361,575,811

Back