Field Marketing Organizations (FMO)

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi all,

I am trying to get a list of FMO's (Field Marketing Organizations) that i can work with.

Does anyone have a list or a website that list them?

I appreciate the constructive input...

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
thank you....but i have tried googling "field marketing orgainzations"

and i dont' get much information. Is there a website or some place that list the FMO's....or can someone else give me some direction?

Thanks very much!

Hi all,

I am trying to get a list of FMO's (Field Marketing Organizations) that i can work with.

Thanks very much!

Hi, Check out Senior Market Advisors Guide 2008. They list most of the Marketing Organizations. Online you can find the FMO by type at ProducersWEB Directory

Hi all,

Thanks very much!

I would think you need to describe what product or products you are wanting to market. FMOs vary somewhat in their support for various products. If I were you, I would find out from other agents in your chosen field which FMOs they find best. Also, the heirarchy rules are a little different for Life than Health, I am told. Make sure you understand them before signing anything, and NEVER sign a blank agreement, which is more than likely what you will be given 99 out of 100 times. Make sure you have the complete heirarchy named and what your rank will be.

Also, if you read this forum on a regular basis, you will find a number of us that prefer direct appointments and only use an FMO when there is no other alternative.

FMOs vary somewhat in their support for various products.

Exactly. I have an FMO that is great on annuties and pretty good on whole life. When I wanted to do Medicare, they couldn't help me. So, with the help of this forum, I did a bit of research on a good FMO for that business.

On the other side of the coin, when I had a big life case recently that I didn't want to run through my FMO for personal reasons, my second FMO was no help whatsover when I tried to give them that line of business. They are apparently too specialized and don't do much life. I will have to submit it though a local contact and work out a commission split or hope he will be happy with just the override.

What company(s) are you looking at to use for the life case? Also, I heartily agree with retread re: direct appointments with the carrier. It's nice to get paid on a regular basis.

Back