Filing For Bankruptcy And Becoming An Insurance Agent

From my understanding, they cannot use the BK against you.

An attorney friend of mine has said if they do try that, it is illegal. Since the BK law was really set up to provide individuals with that "fresh start".

Of course this is theory, what the reality is may be different.....

From my understanding, they cannot use the BK against you.

An attorney friend of mine has said if they do try that, it is illegal. Since the BK law was really set up to provide individuals with that "fresh start".

Of course this is theory, what the reality is may be different.....

Your attorney friend didn't give you the whole story. A bankruptcy can be used against you in situations involving the handling of money or public trust. Bankruptcy is an indication of a person's character and ability to handle money. In situations that don't involve money, then yes it shouldn't be held against you.

One year to 18 months discharged is pretty common for companies, and yes indeed they have the discretion to use bankruptcy in their selection process.

Thanks for the information friends. I am a whistle blower and not a criminal. Sorry about the 3 postings. I didn;t think it was registering and did not know how to delete them.

I'm not sure who can't use BK against you. Everyone can. Your credit will be trashed. If you secure credit it will be at the highest interest rates possible.

Any employer can deny you a job. You can't be denied employment based on age, sex, religion, etc...but you can absolutely be denied based on your credit score. Some states are trying to get that changed.

In any case, how would a job candidate prove they weren't hired based on a BK? HR departments are very well trained to never discuss the reason someone wasn't hired. Just "we went with someone else" is all they'll get.

Back