Final Expense Agent Recruiting

goldenmemorial

I'm new to selling final expense, but have built sales teams in different industries. I am curious if anyone has built a large final expense team in the past or any other life agency that has good advice for recruiting the right agents.

I currently use different sources for advertising for agents but have not got a great quality of agent from this. I personally take each agent out for a week and split my commissions and assume all the lead cost. It has worked out ok, I mean my agency should break 1.5 million this year but i would like to double that number within the next 12 months. While not going into a huge debt.

I have trained a lot of agents that talk the talk but fail to walk the walk. Is there any special testing I should implement before hiring? I check work history and typically go with my gut but have not found the best way to keep my liability as small as possible. Because our company offers lead financing I am responsible for the debt if they do not work out!

I am looking for guys with no shame in knocking a door!

Thanks

My experience (I have not built an agency but observed on being built), was to screen as much as you can and limit the liabilities. If you are providing a lead system that is funded through one of the companies, put a cap on the amount any one person can use. Keep on top of this because if the company does not like the amount of liability, they will pull the plug (seen it happen and kill a good thing).
Attract agents that have a good work ethic and keep their word. You have control over who you let into your organization so don't just take an agent because you'll get production, get one that has some integrity. Thats my two cents.

If your buying leads for these guys and they claim to have had past success, make them show you some proof of production. I know...even that can be altered, but beyond that I try to trust my gut. Beyond that, I am always looking for those guys who are willing to pound the phones, knock on doors and work a lead until a prospect asks them never to call again.

Another tip for interviewing and screening is to ask them the following questions face to face and gauge their reactions accordingly:

How many cold-calls do you make per week?
How many doors do you typically knock on every day?
For every new client, what isyour average number of referrals?
Whats your best prospecting system?

The answer and reaction to the above will speak volumes...

The most successful people I have met doing FE started out by buying there own leads. It's also the reason why most can't make it at the same time. Is it possible to have the newbies order the first set of leads on there own and then you can split the cost for the next 2-3 orders til they fly on their own.

Back