Final Expense Appointment Setting

what are good lead sources to look at that have decent ROI ( I know thats a loaded question because some people suck and convert 0% and some are rockstars ) just looking for averages for average skilled agents (though I have done insurance since 2008 and can convert leads)

what are good lead sources to look at that have decent ROI ( I know thats a loaded question because some people suck and convert 0% and some are rockstars ) just looking for averages for average skilled agents (though I have done insurance since 2008 and can convert leads)

The Lead Connection has always been dependable for decent Direct Mail returns.

Telemarket leads are always going to be tougher in Florida than in Most states but if you're going to use them, try Lead Heroes.

We have a fixed cost lead program for our agents so they don't have to worry about mail returns. This is the way to go in Florida but you have to be financially able to commit.

Keep one last thing in mind. Most agents fail out of this industry because they are lacking in the area of "work ethic", quality leads, proper guidance, and/or skill!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I knew an agent in Houston who came to the office each morning, opened the white pages, and called until he got two appointments for later that day. Then he left to work his two appointments, with the same process to be repeated the next day.

He worked in a captive agency for a large insurer and sold about 150-200k each year, for 15+ years.

His script was roughly," Hello, so and so? I'm so and so with ____ Insurance Company. My company offers many life insurance plans for all sorts of family situations, with premiums starting as low as $25.00 per month."

"I would like to meet with you and provide you a personal quote."

"Does this sound like something you might have an interest in?"

I think one of the keys is sounding like a real person and not a telemarketer. Talk to them, not at them.

Good luck.

Years ago I knew an agent in Houston who came to the office each morning, opened the white pages, and called until he got two appointments for later that day. Then he left to work his two appointments, with the same process to be repeated the next day.

He worked in a captive agency for a large insurer and sold about 150-200k each year, for 15+ years.

His script was roughly," Hello, so and so? I'm so and so with ____ Insurance Company. My company offers many life insurance plans for all sorts of family situations, with premiums starting as low as $25.00 per month."

"I would like to meet with you and provide you a personal quote."

"Does this sound like something you might have an interest in?"

I think one of the keys is sounding like a real person and not a telemarketer. Talk to them, not at them.

Good luck.

Yep lots of million dollar a year practices have been built doing just that. Although I don't think they teach that as much anymore, mostly due to how the execs are compensated, not the producers. But seems likely a terrible way to go about it for fe :D

Yep lots of million dollar a year practices have been built doing just that. Although I don't think they teach that as much anymore, mostly due to how the execs are compensated, not the producers. But seems likely a terrible way to go about it for fe :D

With the DNC list you can't do it by simply calling the names in the phone book as we did in days gone by.

LRobert - significant time has passed since you started this post... I'm curious about how your approach or methods have changed since getting some great feedback on here.

Ditch dialing and door knock-FAR less driving, far less wasted time and effort, far quicker to YES OR NO

Can we not again

HEHEHE SORRY!!! I was feeling naughty and couldnt help tossing that in!

His DUDENESS!!! The Dude ABIDES!!!

Cohens make some STRANGE flicks but that was a strange one!

Like Barton fink

PS just to further stir the pot--be sure on your Medicare leads they said SUPPLEMENT so you can DOOR KNOCK THEM TOO!!! Wasted two days on calling leads---had I just GONE there coulda sold something,

Last edited:
Back