Final Expense Bank account question on the phone ?

thespur1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey guys need your help !

How do I ask/ pre qualify people for bank accounts ?? in a non intrusive or offensive way?

because alot of people hang up on me immediately after i ask that question ......

here's how i've been asking

"Now at this time, were only allowed to assist people that handle their finances with a local bank, do you have a checking or savings account ?

and that question really stings ......

im thinking of changing it to ...

Now Mr.customer, these plans do have discounts for people have bank locally, do you have a checking or savings account with a local bank ?

thanks in advance

it's absolutely killing my conversions, on the phone. people seem to be so turned off after that question most people are just hanging up .....

I use this in F2F... "how long have have you lived in ***, (based on answer) you've lived here for quite sometime, do you bank in the area?"

Much easier to do in the home I think, but if you slide it in a simple line a questioning most folks are happy to answer...

Your looking for a "YES" you don't need to know the name of the bank, account and routing number yet... that's for latter when you can close a deal... I call that progressive clarification. :laugh:

2 things that seem to me you would want to watch out for...
  • how you ask that question
  • when you ask that question
Do you record your calls so that you can listen how you sound? There's and idea for you.

Hope this helps. :)

I use this in F2F... "how long have have you lived in ***, (based on answer) you've lived here for quite sometime, do you bank in the area?"

Much easier to do in the home I think, but if you slide it in a simple line a questioning most folks are happy to answer...

Your looking for a "YES" you don't need to know the name of the bank, account and routing number yet... that's for latter when you can close a deal... I call that progressive clarification. :laugh:

2 things that seem to me you would want to watch out for...
  • how you ask that question
  • when you ask that question
Do you record your calls so that you can listen how you sound? There's and idea for you.

Hope this helps. :)

thank you, very helpful

My saĺes are F2F. I ask what day of the month do you want the premium deducted. It can be from a checking or savings account.
I'm also face to face. I basically do it like you. "I'll need a voided check to communicate with your bank. They'll deduct the 1st month's premium in a couple of days when your policy's approved. After that we'll begin taking it out on whatever date of the month between the 1st and the 28th that's the most comfortable for you".

If I was doing it over the phone, I'd do it the same way, except I'd tell them that I need their routing and account #'s instead of a voided check.

Either way, if you sound nervous when you ask for the info, they'll get nervous.

Last edited:
Unless you are consistently running into issues with banking, I wouldn't even ask about it until you are at that point. Yes, that may mean a presentation to someone who can't pay, but that should be the exception and not the rule. You may be losing more by pre-qualifying on it than by presenting to people who can't pay.

Back