Final Expense Closing Problems

bobby dazzels

Expert
Hi everyone hope all is well Ive been running into the same lame excuse I have to think about it after a great presentation could anyone give me some tips? thanks:GEEK:

You should do a little research on trial closes. Do you want to put up an outline of your presentation? Everyone has a different style, but if you are thinking you're doing a great job and the folks are giving you lame reasons they don't want to buy then you should probably be asking questions during your presentation as little checkpoints to make sure they're going along and giving you buying signals. It's a lot easier to work with the objections/concerns people have during a presentation rather than trying to close someone who has reservations when you're done with the presentation.

Hi everyone hope all is well Ive been running into the same lame excuse I have to think about it after a great presentation could anyone give me some tips? thanks:GEEK:

Here is some of the things that I have learned in my 25 years in sales. I will give you a close to "I want to think about it" at the end of this post.

1. Always assume the sale. Don't ask " Can we do business" or "Does it sound good to you". After you do what I will mention below, start asking information and filling out the application. The client will either balk or you will continue to write. Either response is good. If you do get an objection, you will know whats on their minds. If you don't, you have made a sale.

2. Features and benefits- Don't tell the potential client about a feature of a policy without giving them the benefit of that feature for them. Example: Feature: This is a whole life policy Benefit: Your premiums will never increase. Feature: This premium includes waiver of premium Benefit: If you become permanently disabled, your premiums will be paid for you, which means you won't lose you life insurance.

3. Trial closes- try to get the customer to say yes as many times as possible during the presentation. Trial closes use words like, doesn't it, wouldn't it, won't it, could it, isn't it, etc. Example: Feature:This premium includes waiver of premium, Benefit: which means that your premiums will be paid for you if you become totally disabled.Trial Close: That's a great feature, ISN'T IT? or Can you see how that would be beneficial to you? By doing this, the client becomes emotionally involved and, if they give you an objection you can point out that they said yes ??? times.

Practice you closes before you sit down with clients. Don't practice on the people who are paying your bills. Approach it like this:

What will I say, if they say:

1.I want to think about it
2. I can't afford it
3.I want to check with other companies before I decide

Close for "I want to think about it"

Close 1 -" I want to think about it" Most people will simply ask the client what they want to think about. Don't do that. Put yourself in their shoes.Here's a couple of closes:

1. I understand how you feel. I have found through experience that clients who say "I want to think about it", want to do so because of 1 of 3 reasons.
1. It's not the right coverage- (this is where your trial closes come in) Say " You said that you like the benefits of this policy, is it the policy that you are concerned about? If they say yes, deal with that objection.If they say no, say
2.OR,I haven't done a good job explainingthe benefit's- Say: Is it me, did I cover all of the questions that you have about your insurance needs.
3. Or, they are concerned about the premium fitting into their budget. Say: Is that what it is? If yes, say " We can work to find a policy that does what you want, at the premium that is comfortable for you".

Find something that will work.

If you have more guts than me you could say to I want to think about it: "Great, I can save you ton's of money;I will come back to see you the day before you die; When will that be?

Another great question to ask to get a potential client to think about doing it now:

Ask, "If you always thought you were right about something, only to find out that you were wrong, when would you want to find out"?

Remember this " If God wanted us to talk more than we listen, he would have given us 2 mouths and 1 ear"

Last edited:
If you have to "close" a prospect you are doing something wrong way before you get to the app.

1) you are not qualifying your prospect up front before setting the appointment.

2) you are telling, not asking and listening.

Correct one or both and your results will improve dramatically.

I would have to think there is something about you in person that they are not buying.

You are getting the appointments so something is going off track in the home.

Look at everything you do:
1. What you are wearing
2. your introduction
3. your warm up
4. How you establish credibility
5. how you present your products

There is something you are doing wrong. It may be too heavy cologne or flashy jewlery. It may be that you speak too negatively about competitors. It may be that you do not give the impression of a reliable and trustworthy person. It may be that you're talking when you should be listening.

We all have bad habits that others could spot a mile away. We can't really tell what yours are since we haven't met you.

Start closing as soon as you have made customer comfortable..Get out your app. and give 3 options ex. 10000..12000 or 15000. start taking app and keep explanation short..This is whole life insurance,permanent coverage where the premium and amt. of coverage stays the same and it also builds cash value. Take app ...get pho int. done and go after asking for referrals Don't make it difficult just keep it short and to the point. "You will develop this over time..I am always closing at every point in interview"

Last edited:

you've already received some good advice and here's something additional to think about.

1. get them back to thinking about WHY they sent the card/letter back to you, both on the phone setting the interview and immediately in the home

2. they're not going to give you a check unless they trust you and you have to establish that trust within the first 1-3 minutes you're speaking with them

if you're not closing near 50% of your appointments, there's a problem with #1 or #2, if you're quoting a competitvely priced product.

Objections are the result of a poor selling process. You cannot give a presentation until you find out their pain why is this important? what about this now made them respond? what would happen if they did not get coverage? how would that make you fill? when then do you think would be a good time to protect your family? Now! Well let me see if I will be able to help you. People don't buy from you if they don't trust you, don't like you, they don't value you as part of the solution, they have no sense of urgency. You have to learn the art of asking questions and stop just giving presentations.
Hope this helps or just gives you another option.

Are you doing this over the phone or in person?

Read this thread a couple of times, let the advice you've been given sink in, and then call me. Pretend I'm your client and try to close me. We'll practice until you get comfortable. My number is in my signature.

Back