Final Expense Companies That Pay the Fastes

Bingo. If an agent is not explaining this and arming their clients with the info they need for when that day comes they are doing a huge disservice.

I could be wrong but to me most funeral homes do not lead with how easy it will be to use a rapid claim process, they squeeze the people just enough to make them wish they'd bought something from the funeral home as that beneficiary is now their number one prospect. If you walked into a funeral home with policy in hand and they told you in about three minutes how easy this was all going to be by using that inexpensive FE policy that was purchased their opportunity would be lost.

My experience in talking to beneficiaries is that in the end low and behold the funeral home helped them work it out but only after making them wish they'd bought something else that would have been so much easier to file a claim on.

Ned, your knowledge of the funeral industry is erroneous and shallow, much the way the public views insurance agents...The OP is concerned about rapid pay. So am I, but for different reasons. While the funeral home is a business, it's a business with a heart and the people in that business are concerned with the comfort of the family and, getting paid. In that order. This is why we have such an uneasy relationship with brand x insurers. We've been burned before. We don't want the assignment and we don't want to pay what amounts to a 5% check cashing fee. If an insurance agent is concerned about the family having a seamless funeral transaction, then they should be wrinting a genuine pre-need product where the funeral home is the agency. That is the policy that we trust most.

Bingo. If an agent is not explaining this and arming their clients with the info they need for when that day comes they are doing a huge disservice.

I could be wrong but to me most funeral homes do not lead with how easy it will be to use a rapid claim process, they squeeze the people just enough to make them wish they'd bought something from the funeral home as that beneficiary is now their number one prospect. If you walked into a funeral home with policy in hand and they told you in about three minutes how easy this was all going to be by using that inexpensive FE policy that was purchased their opportunity would be lost.

My experience in talking to beneficiaries is that in the end low and behold the funeral home helped them work it out but only after making them wish they'd bought something else that would have been so much easier to file a claim on.

I handle 3-4 claims a month and that is my experience as well. Most of the funeral directors seem to hate that I get involved. Independents seem better than the corporate owned. On top of the 5% tax many of the funeral homes drag their feet getting the DC and paperwork to the assignment companies so the beneficiaries still have to wait for their balance check.

I handle 3-4 claims a month and that is my experience as well. Most of the funeral directors seem to hate that I get involved. Independents seem better than the corporate owned. On top of the 5% tax many of the funeral homes drag their feet getting the DC and paperwork to the assignment companies so the beneficiaries still have to wait for their balance check.

Really? They don't like it when an insurance agent insinuates himself between the funeral director and the family?...You would be certain that I wouldn't like it. A stream of high volume profanity followed by the slamming of the front door of the funeral home would cause a sonic boom resulting in a seismic event that would initiate the sliding of most of the state of California into the Pacific Ocean...Unless you're primary on the decedent's living will, you don't have the right to any of their info, including their funeral arrangements. It's a violation of the privacy statutes...Why not write a genuine pre-need, if you really want to serve the family?

The reputation of funeral directors around these parts are comparable to used car salesmen and politicians, with Tri-State Crematory leading the way.

Really? They don't like it when an insurance agent insinuates himself between the funeral director and the family?...You would be certain that I wouldn't like it. A stream of high volume profanity followed by the slamming of the front door of the funeral home would cause a sonic boom resulting in a seismic event that would initiate the sliding of most of the state of California into the Pacific Ocean...Unless you're primary on the decedent's living will, you don't have the right to any of their info, including their funeral arrangements. It's a violation of the privacy statutes...Why not write a genuine pre-need, if you really want to serve the family?

Yeah? So? They are my clients. It is my job to provide the money to pay the vendors like you. As long as you do your job with out sticking them for an extra 5+% and get the paperwork done in a timely manor we have no issues. If I get calls from my clients, then yeah, I can be a major pain in the ass. I always start out nice and chummy. If that works and they get their job done we are cool. If not, I make them do it.

Funeral homes are not my clients. I have a couple independent funeral homes that I get referrals on fairly regularly. Their sales people definitely are not my concern, I do not fined them much competition either. Most are one note, they really do not know much about insurance out side their little corner. Most are not Newby, in my experience.

BTW, I have a small book in Nevada so we my talk someday. Hopefully it will be cordial.

Back