Final Expense good deal or not?

If all of that checks out, they must be backing that out of the product commission, which is the part you failed to mention how you are paid. It sounds a little to good to be true, hopefully they are not shady characters or a goofy product.

Do your home work and research.

Driving around selling Final Expense, I am not sure - could be a little depressing.

Last comment... $50 per night hotel stay? omg... I hope you have your concealed permit.
Agreed 100%.
I couldn't bear to peddle final expense policies for a living.

The food allowence is no big deal. You have to eat whether you are on the road or at home. Once you travel full-time you you don't eat every meal in restaurants.

The hotel allowence is a concern. Decent hotels will start at $80 and up in most areas. (Free breakfast at most of them too.)

You will often stay in one area all week if you are hiring or training for a particular funeral home.

It's a good move. You will easily make $100,000 Plus with a good company doing that.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Step One - Never call it final expense insurance. Funeral homes hate final expense insurance. It's called pre-need funeral insurance. The difference is preneed insurance has growth of the death benefit. Makes all the difference in the world to them. Kind of like LTC with or without inflation protection.

IMO that is not good advice----at least in Pennsylvania. Only insurance agents with a funeral directors license may sell pre-need in this state. All life licensed insurance agents may sell final expense. I noticed on the Forethought website they distinguish between PN and FE.

IMO that is not good advice----at least in Pennsylvania. Only insurance agents with a funeral directors license may sell pre-need in this state. All life licensed insurance agents may sell final expense. I noticed on the Forethought website they distinguish between PN and FE.

You are correct. But what he is marketing is Pre-need Funeral Insurance to the Funeral Directors. The Funeral Directors sell it to their client families.

Basically
Pre-need insurance = increasing benefit, limited pay, whole-life insurance
Final Expense = level benefit, lifetime pay, whole-life insurance

When it's sold either by a funeral director OR in co-operation with a funeral director (in most states) the funeral home will price guarantee the funeral that is selected with the policy.

The 3rd party marketer is a company that teaches the funeral directors how to explain the product, calculate premiums, fill out the paperwork and market themselves.

The food allowence is no big deal. You have to eat whether you are on the road or at home. Once you travel full-time you you don't eat every meal in restaurants.

The hotel allowence is a concern. Decent hotels will start at $80 and up in most areas. (Free breakfast at most of them too.)

You will often stay in one area all week if you are hiring or training for a particular funeral home.

It's a good move. You will easily make $100,000 Plus with a good company doing that.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Are there any companies in California that have similar programs to this one?

Back