Final Expense IMO's for a Beginner

Hello, New Agent based out of New England. I don't have a lot of cash to start out with so was curious if anybody knew and Final Expense IMO's that don't require a huge start up investment. Right now I do have a job in Restaurants that I have been doing for about 4 years so I don't want to just quit it so my schedule is gonna be a little weird but it is flexible. I did ask the same question on the Life Insurance forum, was advised to ask it here to go directly to the source of people who know the FE industry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello, New Agent based out of New England. I don't have a lot of cash to start out with so was curious if anybody knew and Final Expense IMO's that don't require a huge start up investment. Right now I do have a job in Restaurants that I have been doing for about 4 years so I don't want to just quit it so my schedule is gonna be a little weird but it is flexible. I did ask the same question on the Life Insurance forum, was advised to ask it here to go directly to the source of people who know the FE industry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

One thing you need to know right now off the bat is these IMO types are tighter then a nun. Even though these IMOs will gladly tell you how many hundreds of thousands they have made and are making Jesus himself couldn't get them to part with one dime of their money. They will be willing to encourage you to take all the risks while they take none. Those are the ground rules. Good luck!

One thing you need to know right now off the bat is these IMO types are tighter then a nun. Even though these IMOs will gladly tell you how many hundreds of thousands they have made and are making Jesus himself couldn't get them to part with one dime of their money. They will be willing to encourage you to take all the risks while they take none. Those are the ground rules. Good luck!
What are you talking about??

Well yeah its a business like anything else, that requires a lot of street smart. I was pretty much told after I passed the exam, you will gain a lot of confidence just because you passed which I did, but that depending on what products you sell you will never need to know half of the material. You will sit down with recruiting agents who will show you there highest pay stub that they have which most of it is on an Advance. They will probably ask you if you looked at any other companies and say "they never even heard of that one and that they have been selling for 20 years." More or less got told, and really with any sales job if you are "Too Nice" you won't make it very long in the business. Not referring to too nice with clients, but that IMO's or managers in General would walk all over you and do it a subtle way.

Thanks

IMOs contract independent agents. What would be your strategy to obtain clients without a "huge start up investment?" Convey that strategy to your prospective IMOs, I doubt most would require a huge start up commitment.

Well yeah its a business like anything else, that requires a lot of street smart. I was pretty much told after I passed the exam, you will gain a lot of confidence just because you passed which I did, but that depending on what products you sell you will never need to know half of the material. You will sit down with recruiting agents who will show you there highest pay stub that they have which most of it is on an Advance. They will probably ask you if you looked at any other companies and say "they never even heard of that one and that they have been selling for 20 years." More or less got told, and really with any sales job if you are "Too Nice" you won't make it very long in the business. Not referring to too nice with clients, but that IMO's or managers in General would walk all over you and do it a subtle way.
Just because a person is "nice" does not mean they let others walk all over them. :no:

While there is some truth in what you've been told, it's also a matter of who you go with for contracts. There are many IMO's out there that you should avoid like the plague, but there are some good ones too. Just interview some and drop the names to us and we'll give you our opinions if we can. Coming here and asking is a good thing!

Back