Final Expense in Jax Florida?

victor247

Expert
Hey guys, I have been part of the insurance world for about 6 years. Started out with NYL, got my training, got some experience and went independent. As an independent agent I sold all types of insurance. Term, Whole, Medicare, DI, and LTC. While building up my "planning" practice I found it hard to land those clients consistently with prospecting and all(yeah, I hate prospecting + got lazy).

So I got into FE and medicare because that was on demand direct mail leads that I could have consistency with, as I built up my book. The renewals from both lines of business are great.

Today I'm looking to relocate to Jacksonville Florida and looking for some pointers.
I'm considering selling FE full time when I get there because I know it well and I can get leads. Buy direct mail or generate my own.

BUT, I don't know what works in FL. And what companies I should look at.
To this day, my go to FE companies have been Trans, MOO, Foresters, and Gerber since thats all I really had to work with in Massachusetts.

If anyone here does business in FL, i'm all ears and would appreciate any and all feedback/advise!

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I have been part of the insurance world for about 6 years. Started out with NYL, got my training, got some experience and went independent. As an independent agent I sold all types of insurance. Term, Whole, Medicare, DI, and LTC. While building up my "planning" practice I found it hard to land those clients consistently with prospecting and all(yeah, I hate prospecting + got lazy).

So I got into FE and medicare because that was on demand direct mail leads that I could have consistency with, as I built up my book. The renewals from both lines of business are great.

Today I'm looking to relocate to Jacksonville Florida and looking for some pointers.
I'm considering selling FE full time when I get there because I know it well and I can get leads. Buy direct mail or generate my own.

BUT, I don't know what works in FL. And what companies I should look at.
To this day, my go to FE companies have been Trans, MOO, Foresters, and Gerber since thats all I really had to work with in Massachusetts.

If anyone here does business in FL, i'm all ears and would appreciate any and all feedback/advise!

Thanks in advance!

Medicare = Humana and Coventry have nice MAPD's.

FE = any of the normal players.

We have a Team in Duval County.

I'm not in JAx and can't speak for them.

Duval County is vast. Use to be the largest in the world until somewhere in China took over . . .

most def work your zip codes.

When you say team, I have no idea who you are referring to or what company you represent.... So who do you work for/represent?

Medicare = Humana and Coventry have nice MAPD's.

FE = any of the normal players.

We have a Team in Duval County.
Don't know where you got that info.. Duval is not even in the top 100 in the US.
List of the largest counties in the United States by area - Wikipedia

He had it backwards, I lived in Jax for a few years recently and Jax is in Duval county. But the county isn’t the biggest, Jacksonville is the biggest city in the US.

To the OP I just moved away from there. If offering Medicare products, have UHC, United American and Humana for Med supps.
For MAPD have uhc, Humana/Careplus, Aetna/Coventry.
For FE it’s just the usual players that you would normally have in your bag.

He had it backwards, I lived in Jax for a few years recently and Jax is in Duval county. But the county isn’t the biggest, Jacksonville is the biggest city in the US.

To the OP I just moved away from there. If offering Medicare products, have UHC, United American and Humana for Med supps.
For MAPD have uhc, Humana/Careplus, Aetna/Coventry.
For FE it’s just the usual players that you would normally have in your bag.

I lived there from birth till 1978 - it used to be the Bold New City Of The South - we had a cool Mayor named Hans Tanzler. He made JAX what it is today.

Latest posts

Back