Final Expense Lead Program

Guru
1000 Post Club
St. Louis
With the advent of us bringing our entire mail process in house we have decided to offer a lead expense reimbursement program for final expense direct mail. Here are the program highlights:

- Street level contracts.
- $500 initial investment by agent for a 1000 piece mail drop with first class postage.
- As your new business is issued 360 will drop 200 pieces of new mail for every $1000 in paid business at no charge to the agent.

Core carriers offered: Americo, Assurity, Oxford, RNA, American Memorial and Foresters.

Give me a call, PM or email and for any additional questions or to get you started.

Last edited:
With the advent of us bringing our entire mail process in house we have decided to offer a lead expense reimbursement program for final expense direct mail. Here are the program details:

- Street level contracts.
- 200 pieces of mail dropped at no charge for every $1000 in net paid business.
- $500 paid by agent for initial mail drop or 5k in new business if the agent prefers.

Core carriers offered: Americo, Assurity, Oxford, RNA and American Memorial.

Give me a call, PM or email and we'll get you started. Initial drop will be first class so you'll have leads in a week or so.

That's a pretty excellent lead program and also a good mix of companies to select from. I'm impressed!

Here are some actual numbers:

I had Brad do a 1000 piece drop for me. I started getting the leads this week and have recieved 7 leads so far.

The response to my phone call seems to be better than I get with the generic $255 social security leads.

1st appointment I sold with a $1,400 annual premium. Very solid lead. He knew why I was comming and wanted assistance with life insurance.

2nd appointment - haven't closed yet but I give this one about a 70% chance of a $400 annual premium by next month.

3rd appointment- I gave this one away to one of my downline agents and he sold it for $580 annual premium

4th appointment- Met with- has quite a bit of coverage already in force. I am to follow up with her daughter next week. I give this about a 20% chance of going anywhere.

Other 3- One has stalled me off for a couple of months and two have not answered the phone. Still a chance of something there.

I'd say the lead from his mailer is better than average. My area has been getting much lower than average responses lately with the standard mailings. There are MANY FE agents working this area and a lot of overlap of mailings.

The last MSPM mailing I did recieved only 4-responses to a 1000 piece mailing. And the leads were not as good.

I would recommend giving Brad a try if you want to change up what your mailing for FE from the other agents.

- As your new business is issued 360 will drop 200 pieces of new mail for every $1000 in paid business at no charge to the agent.

So are you mailing in 200 piece increments?

Likely, the agent will need to wait for a minimum 1,000 pieces to be mailed. This means they would need $5,000 in premium for a $400 mailing campaign. In other words, about 10 policies issued to get another 1,000 piece mailing.

With Standard Life (SLAICO), their standard deal for all agents is $3,000 in business gets a carrier-paid 1,000 piece mailing.. That's an average of 6 polices for another 15 or so leads.. (Assuming 1.5% response from 1,000 piece mailing)... and that's at 105% commission.

It's a pretty high threshold for an agent with a typical 50% closing ratio to get 10 sold cases out of 15 possible leads that would be generated by a 1,000 piece mailing. What's more likely from a 1,000 piece mailing is 3 to 5 cases (with someone really good).

It would likely take at least 30-35 leads (2k - 3k mailing) just to get the first 10 sales.

Heck, I'm sure all FMO's would match that deal all day long when only giving street level commission. It is better than a kick in the teeth, though, that's true.

Back