Final Expense Lead Source and Companies

It is tough to beat Settlers comp when you factor in their renewals and their marketing support. Rates are higher than Oxford and LaFayette, not that much, similar to RNA, better than Americo and Monumental, and most others, no weight restrictions on the silver plan.PDA rating software is great, able to figure how much a dollar amount will get.

What are the renewals with Settlers now?

Retread, dude you spend a lot time on here, not sure you should be giving advice. Anyone on here during the middle of the day is questionable in my book.

What's the problem, Dan? What advice is it that you are referring to?

I do use my computer a lot these days... getting set up for another effort and while at it, check the forum perhaps too much. You are right about that. You might note a lot of my posts are at or near midnight, too.

If you are stressed about my posting, you will be happy to notice fewer will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks because I will be up to my ears in new training.

Last edited:
Retread, I personally really appreciated your post. It was very informative and broke down mathematically the dollar differences in the different opportunities that are discussed here.

Being new to the non-captive, buy your own leads world, your getting specific with the numbers is very helpful for agents like myself in making informed decisions. Keep up the good work.

Retread, I personally really appreciated your post. It was very informative and broke down mathematically the dollar differences in the different opportunities that are discussed here.

Being new to the non-captive, buy your own leads world, your getting specific with the numbers is very helpful for agents like myself in making informed decisions. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Randy... you might want to purchase Dan's new book he's writing. I understand I am in it!:biggrin:

Randy, I think you should take Ed Jennings information and figures on how to sell Final Expense and make yourself that informed decision and call Lead Concepts first thing Monday morning and order yourself 2 or 3 thousand mailers. And after you have received your 30 lead cards (1-3% return) and issue and pay on 25% of your leads. 8 sales at $50 monthly (avg) premium at a 110% you end up with around $5,280 !!! There is nothing to it… Ed’s got it all figured out.

After this theory fails miserably, you will then have a whole new appreciation of Dan’s (Stratos) comments of this flawed theory Ed is offering.

There are only two other guys on this board that I know of that have made good livings exclusively selling Final Expense buying their own leads. (Dan “Stratos”, and Matt Kuhn) And we all share the same “common training in FE” I wonder why more people are not doing it this way?

Everybody I talk to the first thing I tell them is that if you want to make money selling Final Expense you better have a way to get 20-25 leads a week, every week. I also tell people you can purchase mail through mail shop or through a Lead-Co-Op program that allows you to share the risk and get some training.

I do know that Dan issued and paid over 200K last year in FE. I would guess that is about 200K more then Ed. Dan, like myself gets aggravated by people giving “expert” opinions on things they know absolutely nothing about, or theories they have never tested themselves.

Ed, put your theory to the test before you start telling people how to do it, or at the very least, write one Final Expense policy from a Final Expense lead before sharing your opinions on revolutionizing the Final Expense market. I have never sold an Annuity, and I would not dream of going to the Annuity section of this message board and telling new guys how to do it.

In reference to Dan’s new book I think the chapter your referring to is entitled “Know-It-All’s & Hard Heads” Being in your late 60’s and trying to figure out how to pay your bills?

Speaking of “Know-It-All’s” whatever happened to my buddy the (Senior Advisor)

Last edited:
Ed, I appreciate that you hint at the fact of my book and training. It fits will into our family business. I am glad you look at me in that light.

But, please do us all a favor, and refrain from posting anymore on this topic. When you write your first final expense policy, or collected your first check from a client, then and only then will you be allowed to comment on this subject. Actually, you should not say anything until you write your first $25k in AP.

I think I will start posting on being a pilot. Because, for crying out loud, I did make paper airplanes when I was a kid, so I am sure that I am more than qualified to talk about it.

P.S. You might fool the fools, but......

Also please read or listen to Don Runge's lead training...(wink-wink)

I personally think Ed's post about the leads and commission levels are spot on! It seems that the only ones who can deny that are the ones who don't hand out the higher contracts. I guess it's considered a personal attack on those that only offer around 80-90% contracts. Those that have been in the business for a while know full well that you can get higher contracts and buy your own leads and come out better for it.
I guess if I were trying to make 20-50% overwrites off the sweat of the agents below me that I would be trying to convince them that it was a good deal too! I'm glad I don't operate like that...I couldn't lay my head down at night and sleep well...but then again I have a conscience, evidently, some people don't.

Todd - keep up the good work. But one thing still puzzles me. Why are there so many agents on this website begging for information on how to sell final expense? Why they are grasping for straws on how to succeed? This is not only new agents, it is the experienced agents also.

Why is that...

Two reasons:
Leads
Training

That is the bottom line...

Again, our program is not for everyone.

I personally think Ed's post about the leads and commission levels are spot on! It seems that the only ones who can deny that are the ones who don't hand out the higher contracts. I guess it's considered a personal attack on those that only offer around 80-90% contracts. Those that have been in the business for a while know full well that you can get higher contracts and buy your own leads and come out better for it.
I guess if I were trying to make 20-50% overwrites off the sweat of the agents below me that I would be trying to convince them that it was a good deal too! I'm glad I don't operate like that...I couldn't lay my head down at night and sleep well...but then again I have a conscience, evidently, some people don't.

Todd,
I have offered and still offer the biggest contracts to brokers that companies will allow me to give out. I have the same levels as you. But one thing I have found in regards to Final Expense is that contracts are a very small part of the puzzle. If you were to be honest I am sure you would agree that none of your Final Expense brokers are going to issue and pay over 100k with companies they have under you. There are just not that many (or any) guys witing that much FE broker business that are not with a Marketing Organization that offers support, training, and lead help of some kind.

That is reality. Within our group with Equita 80% of our agents netted between $6,000 - $28,000 last month. That is after lead cost. We are changing peoples lives, and giving them on opportunity to someday go on their own if they like. These are people who have only been running FE leads for less than 3 months. That is how we sleep!!!

Back