Final Expense Leads Review

Glen Shelton

Guru
1000 Post Club

In this video, Eric Kottke talks about his methods for working telemarketed final expense leads from Lead Heroes.

What stands out to me from this clip is that Eric does an excellent job handling rejection. If he is in an appointment or at the door and its not going well he is on to the next one.

In order to succeed when working any type of lead, you must be ready to handle a MASSIVE amount of rejection. Agents get distracted with the leads who said "No" (which will always be the majority) and can miss out on the opportunity of a "Yes" at the next door or appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Telemarketing leads are great, so long as you can get them, here is why they won't last long term for most agents....

Last edited by a moderator:
Telemarketing leads are great, so long as you can get them, here is why they won't last long term for most agents....

Why Telemarket Leads won't last long term in final expense market - YouTube

Hi Matt

I agree with you that using telemarketed leads exclusively may not be the best long term solution for FE agents who are selling F2F. I actually covered this a little more in depth in my book "How to Qualify, Present, & Sell Final Expense and Medicare Supplements to Seniors".

Telemarketed leads are best when:

- An agent is first getting started (Quick turn around time).
- Mixed with other lead sources (Lowers overall customer acquisition costs).
- Traveling to a new area (More area = More prospects to call).
- Selling over the phone (Removes area limitations).

EDIT: One thing you mentioned in your video was an area having about "25 weeks" worth of leads for an FE agent.

Similar to direct mail, I have found that you can always come back to an area after about 12 weeks (the more time you can put between calling an area again the better). Yes, you run the risk of getting duplicates (similar to when mailing the same area again) but you will also get new prospects who did not answer previously.

Last edited:
Glen, I 100% agree with you here.....
Telemarketed leads are best when:

- An agent is first getting started (Quick turn around time).
- Mixed with other lead sources (Lowers overall customer acquisition costs).
- Traveling to a new area (More area = More prospects to call).
- Selling over the phone (Removes area limitations)

Back