Final Expense Mailer

The SS 255 mailer still works like it was new. Surprisingly also, the card without the check boxes with amounts of coverage desired gets better results than the one with the options.

You'll have to do your own mailings if you want the lead cards sent back to you instead of the mailing house. It would add additional cost for the mailing house to print 2,000 cards with your return address instead of 2 million with their return address.

Find a printer who will do it at a low cost, buy your list, design your own card (I used Word) and do your own mailings. The printer will print the cards, the names & addresses, stuff the card n2 the envelop, seal the envelop, sort addresses with barcodes for bulk rate mailings and then take it to the post office. Expect to pay 36-40 cents per piece for printing and postage plus list cost.

You'll need a postal permit for the "privilege" of doing bulk mail and you'll need a Business Reply Permit account to pay for the returned lead cards. The post office will be more than willing to help you. It's their job and they need the business.

It's easier than you think. Don't be intimidated by it.

Lead response will depend on your demographics. More leads with the lower income group (< $40,000) but poorer quality and less leads as you increase the income (30,000---60,000).

Great post mickyma.

That is what I do. My mail house uses their own bulk mail permit so I let mine expire. I do maintain a Business Reply Permit so I have the cards returned directly to my address. He does not charge me for using his permit and charges me the exact postage cost. I also have him affix a stamp, not a first class, but a special stamp the post office supplies, so it looks like first class mail.

Everyone has local guys that do this, but they are not well advertised and not always easy to find. As I have posted before, find the ones the politicians and political parties use.

I buy a list with the demographics I am targeting, but some of the mail houses mentioned will supply that. I like having my own lists so I can go local and I can tweek the mailings in smaller amounts to target specific zips, ages, gender, etc.

has anone mailed this out recently. Seems like an old mailing. I am not sure this would work in my area now.

Back