Final Expense or Mortage Protection?

I've sold both & will say hands down FE I a lot more profitable & enjoyable.

Main reasons are
1. MP is a tiny demographic so the cream of the crop leads are very scarce.
2. You have to sell simplified Issue products to perfectly healthy people to make money. Very tough to do because if another agent comes in behind you they'll offer fully underwritten & blow it out of the water everytime.
3. Underwriting is super inconsistent. High "does not qualify" ratio.
4. Sales cycle takes way too long resulting in lost sales when they get declined or the carrier needs doctors records and/or medical exam.

Final expense is pretty much the opposite of all that.

There seems to be some advantages to MP:

- Higher premium average, almost 2x as much with about the same conversion
rate (25%) as FE leads.
- No door-knocking required, able to secure appointment on calls.
- Everyone has checking accounts.
- Higher retention rate.

The challenge is getting 20 MP "A-leads" a week, it seems some IMO do not have "A-leads" available in some ares. I've been getting 30 FE leads a week and I'm going to start getting MP leads this week.

I'll post after about my MP experience in a couple of months.

There seems to be some advantages to MP:

- Higher premium average, almost 2x as much with about the same conversion
rate (25%) as FE leads.
- No door-knocking required, able to secure appointment on calls.
- Everyone has checking accounts.
- Higher retention rate.

The challenge is getting 20 MP "A-leads" a week, it seems some IMO do not have "A-leads" available in some ares. I've been getting 30 FE leads a week and I'm going to start getting MP leads this week.

I'll post after about my MP experience in a couple of months.

My premium average is higher with FE.

And leads cost much less for FE.

If someone wants to seriously look at MP then I would look up Twilight and have a long talk about it.

Always enjoy the compare and contrast different niche market threads. Seems the biggest drawback to mp is LEADS. Seems everyone goes through their imo and probably not getting them as fresh as advertised, which is fine if you're lucky and they haven't been worked. Cool marketing idea, but small market with lots of agents. I think skipper is the forum expert in this area if I remember right.

Edit: jd beat me to it, meant Twilight.

Latest posts

Back