Final Expense Sales Script

I don't do final expense but I'll take a stab at it.

Hello (prospect),

This is God calling and I wanted to let you know that we will soon meet face to face. I know that you will be taken off guard when the time comes so I want you to prepare for it now. Everyone around you will be freaked out and not know what to do - so do them a favor and get your $@!t together now. They will be eternally thankful for your thoughtfulness.

Oh yeah, one last thing - I have yet to decide where I am sending you for your extended stay, so bring both a white robe and ice cubes.

After this, the first thing you need to do is set up an appointment - either at the local funeral home or better yet, at the local cemetery. Remember to have a pen handy - they will sign anywhere you tell them to.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Does anybody know of a effective final expense sales script?

It's not so much a sales script as asking questions and getting them to think.

1. Have you ever been responsible for making funeral/cemetery/cremation arrangements when someone died? How did it go for you? Did it create any financial problems?

2. Who will be responsible for your arrangements upon your death? Is that person financially prepared for such an emergency?

3. Do you have any children/grandchildren/favorite charity that you would like to leave money to upon your death?

4. Upon your death, does your spouse have enough savings to protect against the immediate loss of your income?

5. How much do you expect your funeral expenses to cost if you died today? How much do you think the same arrangements would cost if you lived to age 80 or 90? (use an inflation calculator to figure. If someone is 65 today and would have an $8,500 funeral at today's price, that projects to $18,624 if they live to age 85 and $27,568 if they live to age 95 figuring 4% annual inflation.)

6. Do you realize your bank accounts and assets are not available to your children immediately upon your death? (unless you have joint accounts which opens up a whole other set of problems.)

7. Are you aware there are final expense insurance policies that can be paid with one single premium? ...an annual payment? ...an affordable monthly premium?

8. Do you have any health conditions that have caused you to be turned down for insurance coverage?

9. Who would be the beneficiary of your insurance policy?

10. If you don't take out a final expense policy...what alternative plan will you use for your family?

Selling final expense is just more conversational than a formal presentation. They will usually tell you why they want it. You just have to get the conversation started and guide them to the correct policy that suits their needs and is competitively priced for their age and health.

If they show real interest and and are a good prospect but still tell you they want to wait and think about it i sometimes say if your waiting for the perfect time to buy life insurance then wait until the day before you die then call me.

This usually gets them thinking or laughing and has resulted in quite a few sales .

1. Explain why you are there.
2. Build up the cost of Final Expenses. Go over the price of funerals and cemeteries. Then remind them of the other cost ... credit debt, medical bills, transportation of the body etc.
3. Ask the reason they sent the card in.
4. Ask if they have ever paid for a funeral .... what did it feel like?
5. Ask who the beneficiary will be?
6. Ask about their health, from head to toe ... how is your head, your heart, your lungs, your liver, your kidneys ... cancer etc? What medicines do you take ... do you smoke??
7. Based on their answers, write down three face amounts with prices (use common sense) ... $8000, $10000, $12,000 ... mrs. jones, which best fits into your budget.
8. Then read her the health questions and when she says no to all the questions, tell her you have been approved for coverage ...
9. then ask if she knows her social by heart ... can I see your state ID ...

Boom ... Sold!

Since you posted this two years ago ... I'm guessing I'm a little behind ... but maybe it will still help someone? i was just searching for FE script ideas :) ...

Jody

So no one has an initial contact telephone-script for FE ?

Sure these other tips are GREAT, but they're not what he
asked or I searched for - not in this thread - but often in
others I've seen far too much attacking others or being silly
and then when someone asks a sincere question, it seems a
precedent has been set to offer up anything except the simple
solution, or possible answer to the question.

But I guess we have to weed through the rubbish to find a single
rose of knowledge, and to think otherwise must be self defeating.

So again for clarifications sake, does no one have an initial contact
telephone-script for FE as per this new user's, jginsurance request ?

I'm not heavy into FE by phone, but I am interested in leaning about
it and when I do I find all kinds of foul language dribble from or about
people stealing scripts and what not.

Really -?- is this what's this forum has really come too ?

are you talking about actually calling to sell a product right then and there or to prospect and get information sent out to close at a later time? Its almost impossible to close anymore without the client having something in hand.

So no one has an initial contact telephone-script for FE ?

Sure these other tips are GREAT, but they're not what he
asked or I searched for - not in this thread - but often in
others I've seen far too much attacking others or being silly
and then when someone asks a sincere question, it seems a
precedent has been set to offer up anything except the simple
solution, or possible answer to the question.

But I guess we have to weed through the rubbish to find a single
rose of knowledge, and to think otherwise must be self defeating.

So again for clarifications sake, does no one have an initial contact
telephone-script for FE as per this new user's, jginsurance request ?

I'm not heavy into FE by phone, but I am interested in leaning about
it and when I do I find all kinds of foul language dribble from or about
people stealing scripts and what not.

Really -?- is this what's this forum has really come too ?

Where in the original poster's question was telephone scrip mentioned?

To answer the question, I sell a fair amount of FE and since I'm not an actor, I don't use a script.

I find out why the sent in the card and why they invited me into their home. There is a definate want/need there for them to do those two things. I have to find out what it is and how I can solve that problem for them. There is no script for that.

There are basic foundations to what I do and how I do it that I go over in every appointment as to why what I offer is the best for them and how it works for them. However, I do not even get into that until and unless I can establish the want/need.

Back