Final Expense Schedule

usakr

Guru
100+ Post Club
Can anyone who successfully sells FE share their work schedule? What days do you make calls for appointments? How many appointments do you try and set? And what are your average weekly goals and results? Thanks.

Can anyone who successfully sells FE share their work schedule? What days do you make calls for appointments? How many appointments do you try and set? And what are your average weekly goals and results? Thanks.

I don't care to share my schedule, how successful it is would be a matter of opinion.

I get 15 leads per week, sometimes a few more. I am in the field for two days a week. Tues and Yhurs. I set the Tues. appointments on Mon. I set the Thurs. appointments on Wed.

I usually set 6 appointments on each day. I set them 1 and 1/2 hour apart with the first one being at 9:30 or 10:00 am.

My goal is to write $3000 ap per week when I'm getting 15 leads. Last summer, I bumped my weekly leads up to 20 and I up my goal to $4000 ap when I get 20 leads.

For all of 2009, I exceeded my weekly goal. Year to date in 2010, I am over my goal by a pretty good margin.

Just because you work a similar schedule as a successful person does not mean you will achieve that same success...

You need to set a "AP" goal, and start early Monday morning and don't stop until you reach your weekly goal. Once you develope some consistent habits you may be able to fine tune your work week.

JDeasy is a beast. The man has got his business down to a science. I totally agree with Travis too. I don't think I could copy what JD does and have the success he is having this early in my career. It's going to take some time to fine tune my skills, habits, and work ethic until I am able to put up the numbers he does on a consistent basis.

JD, good job for beating your own quota...but I have a few questions so I can learn a thing or two.

Are your 15 leads per week those senior/social security pays only 255 leads ?

Do you call the 15 people on the phone and make 12 set appointments?

Or

Do you take the leads you are given, and pre-plan your day of where you are going, and knock on the doors and count that as an appointment, whether they answer the door or not.

I appreciate and look forward to your response.

thanks
Gerry

I can not speak for everyone but most successful fe agents, are setting appointments. Personally, I set appointments and for those leads that I can not get on the phone, I hang onto their lead card and "door knock" when I am in their area regardless of how long ago they sent in the lead card.

That's how I approach it as well. I prefer to call rather than to just show up at the door but, I do have a close friend in another state who is very successful just knocking on the door of the direct mail FE leads. I guess it just depends on your skill-set. Whichever you are more successful with (not just comfortable with), take that road and run with it.

Just because you work a similar schedule as a successful person does not mean you will achieve that same success...

You need to set a "AP" goal, and start early Monday morning and don't stop until you reach your weekly goal. Once you develope some consistent habits you may be able to fine tune your work week.
I agree, you need to know how much AP you would like to write per week, and then work it backwards based on a resoanable submitted per lead average. In other words, if you want to write $1500/week with a great Submitted per lead average of 150, then you would need 10 leads. The other guy on the forum with 15 leads per week is setting 12 appointments and writing $3,000...that's really good and it would seem that he has his referrals and extra door knocking down well.

Back