Final Expense Secret Sauce

Maxahearn

I'm looking for input from seasoned FE producers. I recently sold my IA. Too young to retire and looking for something to do. I contact a carrier that specializes in FE and to be candid I think much of the bad press that this company has endured is without merit. They are good people and assuming you understand the terms and conditions it is what it is.

I'm trying to decide if this is something I want to do full time and I'm really looking for truthful input and the unvarnished facts. My first reaction is that everyone is trying to make FE look like the road to riches. Everybody seems to have a YouTube video where it shows the agent driving up in a Maserati. It comes off kind of sleazy and eliminates any sense of professionalism.

I have encountered a lot of nice people with different selling styles. I have met people that have the preacher style and they incorporate biblical quotes and verses. I am a believer and I have no problem with that. Then there are those that come off as funeral directors and I have no problem with that either. The two products and services are closely intertwined. I have a teacher style and the fact is there is nothing to teach.

I really like the idea of helping people and I really believe that every human being who navigates this world deserves a respectable and respectful burial. So having said all that here is what I have found after about five weeks.

1- I have been encouraged to door knock the leads that I buy. I did that for about 3 weeks. I am very professional both in look and approach. A few doors have opened and I have been invited in to write policy's. However most people are not home so I leave a door knocker or card. That has netted nothing. Next you get people that are home and can't meet with you at the time. So I nicely introduce myself and get an e-mail or phone number and commit to calling them back. It seems many door knocks lead to continued follow up trying to get a real sit down.

2- Many of the sit downs go well until it's time to get a check. Many of these people don't have the $40 or $50 dollars it takes and some don't even have checking accounts. I'm a professional agent and I do not have a foot in the door sales approach. My other thought is persistency. I look at some of these people and I think even if get a check what are the odds of getting subsequent payments.

3- I sat with a husband and wife who had just lost a mother and mother in law. The deceased had no insurance and they had to pass the hat to bury their loved one. Neither had insurance so this was a priority. I wrote two applications but they didn't have any money. I asked them when they would have the money and they gave me a date. I said I'm here now let's do the applications and we'll set the bank draft up for the day the money will be in the account. As an aside the woman was crying at the table and was so appreciative for what I was doing. The net result thus far is two NSF events and now I'm chasing them to get money.

3- I door knocked a lead and met with a man and his fiancé. Again no money. Come back around the first of the month. I follow up three times and finally I get the second appointment. He says come over I want to write the policy before I go to Florida. I set the appointment for 6 PM on a Tuesday night. I show up to write a policy and he asks me to explain everything again. After thirty minutes he tells me he has no money.

4- it seems that everybody has a story and you become a priest/shrink listening to their problems.

5-I know there are many people that want you to drink the Kool Aide but I really need someone to help me see this FE segment as a viable way to make legitimate money. After six weeks I see this as a lot of work to make some money. However it seems like you're on a tread mill trying to pay for leads and at the same time your hoping that checks clear on applications and debits clear to keep the business on the books.

6- I have been told 10 door knocks a day. My question is if I commit to do that what are the realistic expectations.

I would welcome all honest assessments of this end of the business.

I'm looking for input from seasoned FE producers. I recently sold my IA. Too young to retire and looking for something to do. I contact a carrier that specializes in FE and to be candid I think much of the bad press that this company has endured is without merit. They are good people and assuming you understand the terms and conditions it is what it is.

I'm trying to decide if this is something I want to do full time and I'm really looking for truthful input and the unvarnished facts. My first reaction is that everyone is trying to make FE look like the road to riches. Everybody seems to have a YouTube video where it shows the agent driving up in a Maserati. It comes off kind of sleazy and eliminates any sense of professionalism.

I have encountered a lot of nice people with different selling styles. I have met people that have the preacher style and they incorporate biblical quotes and verses. I am a believer and I have no problem with that. Then there are those that come off as funeral directors and I have no problem with that either. The two products and services are closely intertwined. I have a teacher style and the fact is there is nothing to teach.

I really like the idea of helping people and I really believe that every human being who navigates this world deserves a respectable and respectful burial. So having said all that here is what I have found after about five weeks.

1- I have been encouraged to door knock the leads that I buy. I did that for about 3 weeks. I am very professional both in look and approach. A few doors have opened and I have been invited in to write policy's. However most people are not home so I leave a door knocker or card. That has netted nothing. Next you get people that are home and can't meet with you at the time. So I nicely introduce myself and get an e-mail or phone number and commit to calling them back. It seems many door knocks lead to continued follow up trying to get a real sit down.

2- Many of the sit downs go well until it's time to get a check. Many of these people don't have the $40 or $50 dollars it takes and some don't even have checking accounts. I'm a professional agent and I do not have a foot in the door sales approach. My other thought is persistency. I look at some of these people and I think even if get a check what are the odds of getting subsequent payments.

3- I sat with a husband and wife who had just lost a mother and mother in law. The deceased had no insurance and they had to pass the hat to bury their loved one. Neither had insurance so this was a priority. I wrote two applications but they didn't have any money. I asked them when they would have the money and they gave me a date. I said I'm here now let's do the applications and we'll set the bank draft up for the day the money will be in the account. As an aside the woman was crying at the table and was so appreciative for what I was doing. The net result thus far is two NSF events and now I'm chasing them to get money.

3- I door knocked a lead and met with a man and his fiancé. Again no money. Come back around the first of the month. I follow up three times and finally I get the second appointment. He says come over I want to write the policy before I go to Florida. I set the appointment for 6 PM on a Tuesday night. I show up to write a policy and he asks me to explain everything again. After thirty minutes he tells me he has no money.

4- it seems that everybody has a story and you become a priest/shrink listening to their problems.

5-I know there are many people that want you to drink the Kool Aide but I really need someone to help me see this FE segment as a viable way to make legitimate money. After six weeks I see this as a lot of work to make some money. However it seems like you're on a tread mill trying to pay for leads and at the same time your hoping that checks clear on applications and debits clear to keep the business on the books.

6- I have been told 10 door knocks a day. My question is if I commit to do that what are the realistic expectations.

OK I read the whole post. I feel for you I really do, but I'm gonna be blunt. You need training...you are obviously screwing up your presentation and have received terrible advice on how to run your business. I can tell just from the few examples you have given. Its really sad as I can tell you are trying very hard but this is why every successful FE will proclaim this type of sale is different than any other, no matter how much experience you have in sales or sales management when you jump into FE its a wake up call.

Again, you are getting terrible advice, training and direction and from what I am reading you are getting absolutely zero quality content on the presentation and how the business really works.

Prospects will always stand you up, no show you, tell you to get lost....the key is figuring out how to most efficiently work your business and waiting till the end of the presentation to find out they have "no money" just smells of bad training or really no training at all.

I'm not being blunt to be mean but if you want to make it in FE you need to align yourself with "in the trenches" agents and groups with great lead programs.

I don't have any nice cars in my vids, although I do own a Mercedes ;) but feel free to visit my site and listen to the interviews I have done with numerous successful agents. You will start to see and "hear" a pattern, could be the difference between failure and success, feel free to pm or contact me at any time and welcome!! Here is the link:

Agent Audio Interviews | Final Expense Leads | Final Expense Training | Final Expense Sales

What market are you working?

OK I read the whole post. I feel for you I really do, but I'm gonna be blunt. You need training...you are obviously screwing up your presentation and have received terrible advice on how to run your business. I can tell just from the few examples you have given. Its really sad as I can tell you are trying very hard but this is why every successful FE will proclaim this type of sale is different than any other, no matter how much experience you have in sales or sales management when you jump into FE its a wake up call.

Again, you are getting terrible advice, training and direction and from what I am reading you are getting absolutely zero quality content on the presentation and how the business really works.

Prospects will always stand you up, no show you, tell you to get lost....the key is figuring out how to most efficiently work your business and waiting till the end of the presentation to find out they have "no money" just smells of bad training or really no training at all.

I'm not being blunt to be mean but if you want to make it in FE you need to align yourself with "in the trenches" agents and groups with great lead programs.

I don't have any nice cars in my vids, although I do own a Mercedes ;) but feel free to visit my site and listen to the interviews I have done with numerous successful agents. You will start to see and "hear" a pattern, could be the difference between failure and success, feel free to pm or contact me at any time and welcome!! Here is the link:

Agent Audio Interviews | Final Expense Leads | Final Expense Training | Final Expense Sales

You definitely need help. I door knock my leads so I feel I am good with the clients once in the home. I feel presentations flow different based on how I get in front of people.

On another note, I am a Christen guy but don't use that as, a selling point. I think using that as an IN is far more sleazy than a car

I read all of that and it seems you are talking about LH in the beginning.

But whoever it is has sold you bill of goods. They obviously have no clue about teaching someone to sell FE.

You are behind the 8 ball and need to step away from it.

You sorely need training. Are you willing to set aside what you have wrongly been taught and start over? If so then look up a real final expense IMO like FEX or some of the others here.

You can go to fexcontracting.com and just read about selling FE with no obligation. Check out John Galt's site and recordings. Look at Readen's mentor program.

There's lots of help here for you. But you have to first be willing to let yourself be taught.

You definitely need help. I door knock my leads so I feel I am good with the clients once in the home. I feel presentations flow different based on how I get in front of people.

On another note, I am a Christen guy but don't use that as, a selling point. I think using that as an IN is far more sleazy than a car

I think you were meaning to reply to the OP:)

Go to those sites and learn the basics. What concerned me most about your post is this comment:

I contact a carrier that specializes in FE and to be candid I think much of the bad press that this company has endured is without merit. They are good people and assuming you understand the terms and conditions it is what it is.

It is what it is? No it is what it's NOT. It's not a viable opportunity for 99% of writing agents out there.

Go to those sites and learn the basics. What concerned me most about your post is this comment:

I contact a carrier that specializes in FE and to be candid I think much of the bad press that this company has endured is without merit. They are good people and assuming you understand the terms and conditions it is what it is.

It is what it is? No it is what it's NOT. It's not a viable opportunity for 99% of writing agents out there.

I would recommend he watches and listens to Reardens kool aid video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ttZEliFl5A

Back