Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12

Agentguy5

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vero Beach
When and how to ask the personal medical/health questions!​
Ok, now that we have found the need for the insurance, created some interest, and built some rapport with the prospect, it’s time to get personal. I break out my medical questionnaire, and explain that my objective is to make sure that I show them some of the best rates that they will ever see. I also let them know that I will earn their business and that by the time I am finished today, it is going to be very difficult, if not impossible, for another agent to give them a better deal. This is also when I explain to them the difference between Term and Whole life!

I use the medical questions page, attached, as an outline to find out the clients medical history, ailments, medication, and to have their primary physician on file.

The trick is to be as non-invasive as possible and yet, it’s important to have them get their medication and to verify that there are no other medical conditions/incidents/scares/hospital or ER visits. A smooth transition from each part of the presentation into the next will make it that much easier to get the pertinent information from the client, thus making it easier to do our job when it comes time to close em up.

Don’t be afraid to pull out medication guides in front of the client. This lets them know that you’re doing your due diligence to keep your promise of earning their business.

Whatever you do, make sure to price the client with a company that will accept the form of payment that they will be using. There is nothing worse than showing someone rates from a carrier like Americo because they have seizures, only to realize later that they ONLY use Direct Express as payment.

Attachments

• FE Med Hstry Qstns.docx
    12.6 KB · Views: 156
When and how to ask the personal medical/health questions!​
Ok, now that we have found the need for the insurance, created some interest, and built some rapport with the prospect, it’s time to get personal. I break out my medical questionnaire, and explain that my objective is to make sure that I show them some of the best rates that they will ever see. I also let them know that I will earn their business and that by the time I am finished today, it is going to be very difficult, if not impossible, for another agent to give them a better deal. This is also when I explain to them the difference between Term and Whole life!

I use the medical questions page, attached, as an outline to find out the clients medical history, ailments, medication, and to have their primary physician on file.

The trick is to be as non-invasive as possible and yet, it’s important to have them get their medication and to verify that there are no other medical conditions/incidents/scares/hospital or ER visits. A smooth transition from each part of the presentation into the next will make it that much easier to get the pertinent information from the client, thus making it easier to do our job when it comes time to close em up.

Don’t be afraid to pull out medication guides in front of the client. This lets them know that you’re doing your due diligence to keep your promise of earning their business.

Whatever you do, make sure to price the client with a company that will accept the form of payment that they will be using. There is nothing worse than showing someone rates from a carrier like Americo because they have seizures, only to realize later that they ONLY use Direct Express as payment.

Thank you for your quote sheet. I can see somethings I am going to add to mine.

Lee

Great training for new agents and old dogs who sometimes need to go back to the basics instead of trying to take short cuts. Looking forward to Part 7.

I actually came into the FE industry assuming that asking for the DL was mandatory since it was for the Products I sold during the Mortgage Protection days.

Whenever I close the client I say, "go ahead and grab your Drivers License or State ID card". My wife and I always use the exact name and spelling from the DL for the Application so there is no confusion. Guess I thought everyone did that!

I actually came into the FE industry assuming that asking for the DL was mandatory since it was for the Products I sold during the Mortgage Protection days.

Whenever I close the client I say, "go ahead and grab your Drivers License or State ID card". My wife and I always use the exact name and spelling from the DL for the Application so there is no confusion. Guess I thought everyone did that!

I routinely snap a pic of it along with SS card if they pulled it out and now the direct express card. I lay them on the app. Probably over kill but CA in case anyone say I did not meet them or if the owner says mama was not there. I get the owners as well. In one case it help when the company questioned the mark/signature. It matched the CA ID.

Back