Final Expense TV Leads

theinsuranceman

Guru
1000 Post Club
Greetings all! I believe it's ok to post the following info here:

I work with a FE carrier that runs TV commercials nationwide 7 days a week. Agents may purchase these leads direct from the carrier for $34 each. The ave. agent will usually get about 5-9 applications for each 20 TV leads they talk to.

These leads are great for telesales or face 2 face sales. There's a sample below. If anyone would like to join my team and work as many of these leads per week as you can handle please call me at 252-292-3350. If you are a part-timer then you can work as few as 5 of these leads per week.

Here's one of the TV commercials.....

Senior Life Return of Premium Life Insurance TV Commercial, 'We Give All Your Money Back'

Here's another TV commercial.....

Senior Life Insurance Company Affordable Life Plan TV Commercial, 'Important Message'

Call Greg at 252-292-3350.

Greg, I think I'm still a little confused by your wording. Does that mean for every 20 people an agent speaks/presents to, they should expect to submit 5-9 apps?

Greg, I think I'm still a little confused by your wording. Does that mean for every 20 people an agent speaks/presents to, they should expect to submit 5-9 apps?

You are correct. The key wording is "talked to", not dialed. "Talked to" includes a 10 sec. conversation as well as an hour conversation.

You are correct. The key wording is "talked to", not dialed. "Talked to" includes a 10 sec. conversation as well as an hour conversation.
Now that I understand you, can we take it a step further without you getting offended with questions?
The typical DM field agent buys 25-30/week. You seem to be suggesting that the average telesales agent can do just as well on fewer leads, than an experienced field agent. Maybe he can, maybe he cannot. In any event, in order for one of your agents to submit 5-9 apps per week, he must talk to all 20 leads he purchased that week. According to numerous sources, the avg FE ALP is $600.
If agents talk to 20 TV leads per week, your bottom agent would produce $3,000 in ALP on 5 apps. Your top agent in this scenario would produce $5,400 ALP for the week on 9 apps. Before commissions, that is $150,000 to $270,000 ALP on a 50-week work year. Assuming the lowest contract an agent has is 75%, that equates to $120,000 to $203,000 in commissions, but only if all of my math is correct thus far. If I haven't erred in my calculations:
1. What is the percentage of agents producing at these two extremes, either company wide or just within your agency would suffice?
2. How many leads does your average agent need to buy every week, in order to ensure talking to at least 20 of them in the same week?

As always, "he who doesn't ask intelligent questions will forever remain ignorant"

Last edited:
Now that I understand you, can we take it a step further without you getting offended with questions?
The typical DM field agent buys 25-30/week. You seem to be suggesting that the average telesales agent can do just as well on fewer leads, than an experienced field agent. Maybe he can, maybe he cannot. In any event, in order for one of your agents to submit 5-9 apps per week, he must talk to all 20 leads he purchased that week. According to numerous sources, the avg FE ALP is $600.
If agents talk to 20 TV leads per week, your bottom agent would produce $3,000 in ALP on 5 apps. Your top agent in this scenario would produce $5,400 ALP for the week on 9 apps. Before commissions, that is $150,000 to $270,000 ALP on a 50-week work year. Assuming the lowest contract an agent has is 75%, that equates to $120,000 to $203,000 in commissions, but only if all of my math is correct thus far. If I haven't erred in my calculations:
1. What is the percentage of agents producing at these two extremes, either company wide or just within your agency would suffice?
2. How many leads does your average agent need to buy every week, in order to ensure talking to at least 20 of them in the same week?

As always, "he who doesn't ask intelligent questions will forever remain ignorant"

I'm not offended at all. I don't understand the "before commissions" in bold above. Your math is off slightly but not enough to make any real difference. 75% of 150,000=112,500 and 75% of 270,000=202,500.

I don't know the # of agents company wide who produce at the 2 extremes. The TOP agent at Sr Life writes on ave 35K-40K per month. She came on board maybe 8 months ago and this is her 1st experience in the insurance business. She was field sales up to about a month ago. Now all she does is telesales. And with telesales she's averaging slightly over $40k per month. She still works 40-50 leads per week like she did in the field. She's no more talented than anyone else. She just outworks everyone else.

If an agent gets 20 leads they will make 100% contact if all 20 leads are live transfers. Need to be in 10+ states in order for live transfers to keep you busy all day.

If licensed in just one state, like most agents are, an agent will probably make contact with 18-20 out of 20. This is with a few live transfers and some outbound dialing too. The oubound calling works like a charm because when you call that lead they had just called the TV commercial a few minutes earlier. They've not had time to leave the house.

And if you get a voice message you can safely leave a voice message something like "Hey Ms. Betty, this is Greg with the Senior Care Plan on TV. You just called our TV commercial a few min ago and I need to verify your mailing address. Please call me back at ____ as soon as you possibly can because we're almost finished up in (her city) and may not be back for another 8- 12 months. So call me immediately so you don't miss out!"

If no one calls you back within 24 hours you can call that lead every day at different times. If they never answer that's why it is 18 contacts instead of 20 contacts with 20 leads.

There's an app called "leadstheway" that's downloaded to a smart phone and will let you know when a TV lead just came in. Whoever gets that lead first is the only agent to get that lead. You set the "leadstheway" app to notify you only when a TV lead comes in from the state(s) you're licensed in. You also set the starting and ending time for each day. Also the "leadstheway" app will notify you when a FB lead comes in as well as a "request a quote" lead.

Agents love this app because:
_They can buy leads one at a time. They don't have to buy 20 DM each week and they don't have to shell out $1800 to generate 4 weeks of DM leads. Agents tight on $$$ can easily participate with this app buying leads one at a time throughout the day and week.

_Leads are super fresh. Just seconds old to minutes old when agents purchase them.

_Agents never hear "we thought this was something free from the government" BS. These ads are all about funeral expenses and nothing else. When you view the links above I'm sure you'll agree.

_Agents seem to have a little more credibility or importance with the caller of the TV leads.

_A lot of wasted time is eliminated because agents don't usually have to make multiple calls before making contact with the lead.

There ya go. If anyone wants to call me for additional info please do. I'm at 252-292-3350 and on eastern time.

I'm not offended at all. I don't understand the "before commissions" in bold above. Your math is off slightly but not enough to make any real difference. 75% of 150,000=112,500 and 75% of 270,000=202,500.

I don't know the # of agents company wide who produce at the 2 extremes. The TOP agent at Sr Life writes on ave 35K-40K per month. She came on board maybe 8 months ago and this is her 1st experience in the insurance business. She was field sales up to about a month ago. Now all she does is telesales. And with telesales she's averaging slightly over $40k per month. She still works 40-50 leads per week like she did in the field. She's no more talented than anyone else. She just outworks everyone else.

If an agent gets 20 leads they will make 100% contact if all 20 leads are live transfers. Need to be in 10+ states in order for live transfers to keep you busy all day.

If licensed in just one state, like most agents are, an agent will probably make contact with 18-20 out of 20. This is with a few live transfers and some outbound dialing too. The oubound calling works like a charm because when you call that lead they had just called the TV commercial a few minutes earlier. They've not had time to leave the house.

And if you get a voice message you can safely leave a voice message something like "Hey Ms. Betty, this is Greg with the Senior Care Plan on TV. You just called our TV commercial a few min ago and I need to verify your mailing address. Please call me back at ____ as soon as you possibly can because we're almost finished up in (her city) and may not be back for another 8- 12 months. So call me immediately so you don't miss out!"

If no one calls you back within 24 hours you can call that lead every day at different times. If they never answer that's why it is 18 contacts instead of 20 contacts with 20 leads.

There's an app called "leadstheway" that's downloaded to a smart phone and will let you know when a TV lead just came in. Whoever gets that lead first is the only agent to get that lead. You set the "leadstheway" app to notify you only when a TV lead comes in from the state(s) you're licensed in. You also set the starting and ending time for each day. Also the "leadstheway" app will notify you when a FB lead comes in as well as a "request a quote" lead.

Agents love this app because:
_They can buy leads one at a time. They don't have to buy 20 DM each week and they don't have to shell out $1800 to generate 4 weeks of DM leads. Agents tight on $$$ can easily participate with this app buying leads one at a time throughout the day and week.

_Leads are super fresh. Just seconds old to minutes old when agents purchase them.

_Agents never hear "we thought this was something free from the government" BS. These ads are all about funeral expenses and nothing else. When you view the links above I'm sure you'll agree.

_Agents seem to have a little more credibility or importance with the caller of the TV leads.

_A lot of wasted time is eliminated because agents don't usually have to make multiple calls before making contact with the lead.

There ya go. If anyone wants to call me for additional info please do. I'm at 252-292-3350 and on eastern time.
There you go pitching me again, when all I asked for were actual results.
Nonetheless, I am very familiar with the Leads the Way app, as well as the Live Call Transfer process. I am fortunate to observe how both systems work, for I have relationships with agents who still use it. What I noticed is that the more state licenses the agent holds, the more tv leads that are available for purchase in the Leads the Way app, which is expected. What I have also observed, is that agents have to compete for the Live Call Transfer tv leads. Whatever agent is fortunate to accept the call first, is the one who gets the call. Therefore, one has to be quick on the draw. While observing the app with an agent who has 15 state licenses, his iPad still did not "ping" as frequently as either of us expected. The few times that it did alert him that a Live Call Transfer was available, more often the not, he could not accept it quick enough before he lost it to another agent. What I concluded from this 5-day study is that it is Leads the Way that keeps the agents with 15 licenses busy. In all honesty, there was never a shortage of leads. However, even those 15 states was not enough to rely solely on Live Call Transfers. Perhaps 25-30 states would do the trick.

There is another SL agent that I know personally, but can't persuade to jump ship yet. He averages only $10,000 per month as a field agent. Out of 400-500 agents, he was in the top 10% that month, according to the SL monthly publication he showed me. That's why I asked you what percentage of telesales agents produced the level of results you suggested on only 20 leads/week.

The Top Agent is knocking it out the park, indeed! Every month I review my own numbers. My personal statistics indicate that I also require the purchase of 50 TV leads per week to hit my goal.

Thanks for the response!

There you go pitching me again, when all I asked for were actual results.
Nonetheless, I am very familiar with the Leads the Way app, as well as the Live Call Transfer process. I am fortunate to observe how both systems work, for I have relationships with agents who still use it. What I noticed is that the more state licenses the agent holds, the more tv leads that are available for purchase in the Leads the Way app, which is expected. What I have also observed, is that agents have to compete for the Live Call Transfer tv leads. Whatever agent is fortunate to accept the call first, is the one who gets the call. Therefore, one has to be quick on the draw. While observing the app with an agent who has 15 state licenses, his iPad still did not "ping" as frequently as either of us expected. The few times that it did alert him that a Live Call Transfer was available, more often the not, he could not accept it quick enough before he lost it to another agent. What I concluded from this 5-day study is that it is Leads the Way that keeps the agents with 15 licenses busy. In all honesty, there was never a shortage of leads. However, even those 15 states was not enough to rely solely on Live Call Transfers. Perhaps 25-30 states would do the trick.

There is another SL agent that I know personally, but can't persuade to jump ship yet. He averages only $10,000 per month as a field agent. Out of 400-500 agents, he was in the top 10% that month, according to the SL monthly publication he showed me. That's why I asked you what percentage of telesales agents produced the level of results you suggested on only 20 leads/week.

The Top Agent is knocking it out the park, indeed! Every month I review my own numbers. My personal statistics indicate that I also require the purchase of 50 TV leads per week to hit my goal.

Thanks for the response!

It's hard to be the first one to grab a live transfer. Some states generate more than other states. Ca, TX, Il, and Mich come to mind. Also tell your buddy to get a non residence license in states where there are fewer SL agents. AZ, NV, ND, UT are good ones.

More states do equal more live transfers and more TV leads. Ron is working on a system where agents are guaranteed transfers all day long. The agent sets their start time and end time. That agent will receive a live transfer only if their phone is "hung up". I don't know the logistics of it all.

SL has also opened the throttle on generating TV leads this past week. More agents are joining SL doing telesales and agents are only restricted by the states they are licensed in rather restricted by city or county.

Last edited:
Greetings all! I believe it's ok to post the following info here:

I work with a FE carrier that runs TV commercials nationwide 7 days a week. Agents may purchase these leads direct from the carrier for $34 each. The ave. agent will usually get about 5-9 applications for each 20 TV leads they talk to.

These leads are great for telesales or face 2 face sales. There's a sample below. If anyone would like to join my team and work as many of these leads per week as you can handle please call me at 252-292-3350. If you are a part-timer then you can work as few as 5 of these leads per week.

Here's one of the TV commercials.....

Senior Life Return of Premium Life Insurance TV Commercial, 'We Give All Your Money Back'

Here's another TV commercial.....

Senior Life Insurance Company Affordable Life Plan TV Commercial, 'Important Message'

Call Greg at 252-292-3350.
Can we just buy the leads or do we have to put the business through SL?

Back