FinalExpenseAppointmentSetters.com - Anyone Worked With Them?

Abrasax

Guru
I have a full time job already and am selling FE part time until I can make the transition. I'm pretty good on the phone and have no problem setting appointments but I don't have the time to make all the calls necessary and would rather pay a bit to hire it out.

finalexpenseappointmentsetters.com offers $15 preset telemarketed appointments. This sounds crazy low even considering TM leads are supposed to suck. I think the FB preset appointments are only $25/pc. Anyone ever used them for anything?

I'm thinking about trying a week of their preset appointments but was hoping for any feedback here first! Thanks.

I have a full time job already and am selling FE part time until I can make the transition. I'm pretty good on the phone and have no problem setting appointments but I don't have the time to make all the calls necessary and would rather pay a bit to hire it out.

finalexpenseappointmentsetters.com offers $15 preset telemarketed appointments. This sounds crazy low even considering TM leads are supposed to suck. I think the FB preset appointments are only $25/pc. Anyone ever used them for anything?

I'm thinking about trying a week of their preset appointments but was hoping for any feedback here first! Thanks.
If I understand right, they are pricing for number of leads called with no guarantee of number of appointments set..

If I understand right, they are pricing for number of leads called with no guarantee of number of appointments set..
If they're in business to make money, I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to set 40-50% as long as you were giving them good leads. But you're right, there doesn't seem to be any guarantee. Seems a test week or two would show you where you stand.

Yeah that’s the problem we found with most of the appointment setting services out there and why we decided to create our own was because when you pay Appt Setter’s per appointment the quality seems to dip because the Appt Setter has no real incentive to set a quality appointment. They could tell the client that the agent will be bringing pizza and beer just to set more appts. A good quality Appt Setter is GOLDEN & is THE hardest thing to find in the business and they can change your business dramatically for the better. If they know Spanish That’s even more of a bonus!

If they're in business to make money, I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to set 40-50% as long as you were giving them good leads. But you're right, there doesn't seem to be any guarantee. Seems a test week or two would show you where you stand.

1) 40-50% would be reasonable to expect if every one of your leads has a good phone number that every single person who sent in the lead card was guaranteed to pick up and say "hello" at least 1/3 of the times his or her phone rings. The reality is that out of 25 leads, 5 or more may have no number or a wrong number/unreadable number. Then, of the 20 or so remaining, half will NEVER answer the phone. Ever. So now you are reduced to hoping you appointment setter can convince the other 10 to set an appointment with you so that you hit that lower level 40% mark you mentioned.

Keep in mind that any setter you hire, other than your wife, will be calling for three other agents as well. So while some agents might be able to get 12 to 15 appointments from 20 to 25 leads, they are calling their own leads, and only their leads, and they can hammer them like no appointment setter will.

I have an appointment setter I am very happy with, and I just know she is not working my leads as hard or as often as I would work them if I were to take over the task of calling for my own appointments. That's fine with me, however, as it frees up for time I would be calling for appointments to go out and door knock the leads who will never answer the phone.

My point is this: A very good agent would be expected to set appointments with 50% of his leads in a given week, and that would likely require not only calling this week's leads but the leads from the past two months or so that have yet to schedule a sit. You appointment setter is not going to call those old leads. They want to the low hanging fruit. There may be setters out there who will do so and get you that many appointments, but that will be a rare find indeed.

2) If you are giving good DM leads to an appointment setter, "a test week or two" will, inmost cases, be too little of a test. I had one setter who got me a grand total of five appointments the first three weeks on 25 leads/week - it was a no brainer to cut her loose.

The next setter was excellent ... for the first week. Each week after that her production decreased, quality of appointments became very sketchy, and she started to send me texts at 9 PM at night saying "sorry I didn't make any calls today some thing came up." It took about 6 weeks to get to that point and then I cut her loose.

My third setter I got through Matt, and she has been a reliable and steady performer for what is now her fourth month with me. I can usually county on a steady 8 appointments kept each week from her efforts, sometimes less, maybe more once or twice, though it seems as though 8 might be the ceiling so far. I get 20 to 30 leads each week, though the past few weeks I am starting into a new county and the lead flow has been very light (I'm expecting that to even out soon at at least 20/week).

She speaks Spanish, which is huge for me because she gets me those appointments I'd never be able to get over the phone and makes sure the prospect understands to have a relative or friend present who can translate for me. I did not even realize the value this would be to me until her fourth or fifth week with me.

My point: Unless the setter is an absolute disaster, you need to commit to a 4 week test minimum. The law of large numbers is not to be trifled with, and making decisions on small sample sizes can and will lead to disastrous results.

A good quality Appt Setter is GOLDEN & is THE hardest thing to find in the business and they can change your business dramatically for the better. If they know Spanish That’s even more of a bonus!

I didn't see Matt's post until I had posted my own. What he says right there is spot on.

Last edited:
It would seem that if they had confidence in their abilities, they would offer a set price option.

1) 40-50% would be reasonable to expect if every one of your leads has a good phone number that every single person who sent in the lead card was guaranteed to pick up and say "hello" at least 1/3 of the times his or her phone rings. The reality is that out of 25 leads, 5 or more may have no number or a wrong number/unreadable number. Then, of the 20 or so remaining, half will NEVER answer the phone. Ever. So now you are reduced to hoping you appointment setter can convince the other 10 to set an appointment with you so that you hit that lower level 40% mark you mentioned.

Keep in mind that any setter you hire, other than your wife, will be calling for three other agents as well. So while some agents might be able to get 12 to 15 appointments from 20 to 25 leads, they are calling their own leads, and only their leads, and they can hammer them like no appointment setter will.

I have an appointment setter I am very happy with, and I just know she is working my leads as hard or as often as I would work them if I were to take over the task of calling for my own appointments. That's fine with me, however, as it frees up for time I would be calling for appointments to go out and door knock the leads who will never answer the phone.

My point is this: A very good agent would be expected to set appointments with 50% of his leads in a given week, and that would likely require not only calling this week's leads but the leads from the past two months or so that have yet to schedule a sit. You appointment setter is not going to call those old leads. They want to the low hanging fruit. There may be setters out there who will do so and get you that many appointments, but that will be a rare find indeed.

2) If you are giving good DM leads to an appointment setter, "a test week or two" will, inmost cases, be too little of a test. I had one setter who got me a grand total of five appointments the first three weeks on 25 leads/week - it was a no brainer to cut her loose.

The next setter was excellent ... for the first week. Each week after that her production decreased, quality of appointments became very sketchy, and she started to send me texts at 9 PM at night saying "sorry I didn't make any calls today some thing came up." It took about 6 weeks to get to that point and then I cut her loose.

My third setter I got through Matt, and she has been a reliable and steady performer for what is now her fourth month with me. I can usually county on a steady 8 appointments kept each week from her efforts, sometimes less, maybe more once or twice, though it seems as though 8 might be the ceiling so far. I get 20 to 30 leads each week, though the past few weeks I am starting into a new county and the lead flow has been very light (I'm expecting that to even out soon at at least 20/week).

She speaks Spanish, which is huge for me because she gets me those appointments I'd never be able to get over the phone and makes sure the prospect understands to have a relative or friend present who can translate for me. I did not even realize the value this would be to me until her fourth or fifth week with me.

My point: Unless the setter is an absolute disaster, you need to commit to a 4 week test minimum. The law of large numbers is not to be trifled with, and making decisions on small sample sizes can and will lead to disastrous results.

I didn't see Matt's post until I had posted my own. What he says right there is spot on.

The way people talk, they make it sound like a setter can be expected to set 40% of your leads, but you barely achieved this on your third shot (8 appts from 20 leads). The way you describe the process, it sounds like hacking a path through the jungle...lol. Thanks for the advice on waiting for the large numbers though. I wouldn't want to be trying to fight against math.

It would seem that if they had confidence in their abilities, they would offer a set price option.

I wouldn't agree to anything other than a "per sit" fee. The setter might set 20 appointments, but I am only going to pay for the 4 or 8 or 12 that actually are home at the appointed time, and let me in the door.

Back