Finding a Indy MA Agent in MI?

MIBizInsurance

Guru
100+ Post Club
How do I find a directory of independent Medicare agents here in MI?

I have looked through the yellow pages under numerous headings to no avail.

Looked under Insurance, medicare and Senior headings.

Thanks.

Go to your state insurance agent licensing department. Request agent list for a specific carrier to narrow your search. You may or may not have to pay for public records. Each state is different. Good Luck!

Don't medicare agents advertise in some manner?

Found it odd not to find ads in yellow pages for agents that specialize in medicare sales.

The best bet is to look under Medicare Supplements in the Yellow Pages. Most metros of any size will have a few agents or agencies listed.

Remember that there can be no advertising for MA that does not have the prior approval of CMS, so it's no surprise that you don't see many independent agents advertising for MA.

Also, check if there is any kind of senior news or publication put out by the local council on aging, senior center, etc. Often independent agents will advertise for supps there.

The best bet is to look under Medicare Supplements in the Yellow Pages. Most metros of any size will have a few agents or agencies listed.

Remember that there can be no advertising for MA that does not have the prior approval of CMS, so it's no surprise that you don't see many independent agents advertising for MA.

Could you advertise Medicare sup. sales?

Not state any companies just simply state "specialize in Medicare Sup. sales"
No mention of MA plans or specific carriers or plans?

How about specializing in Products for Seniors; including Medicare Supplements, Long Term Care, Final Expense coverage... (whatever you like). Then you will get calls from people with other needs which might also branch into Med Supp/Advantage sales.

I was looking for agents as to perhaps find my Wife a mentor here in MI.

She is looking at an exclusive agent deal with Humana but that seems to be turning into a real cluster *@#%

Thanks for the replies.

Back