Finding A Local Independent Agent at Term4Sale

Robert Barney

Guru
1000 Post Club
Today begins a very important week for life insurance agents who buy Compulife, and who participate in the agent listings at www.term4sale.com.

From November 2nd to 6th, Compulife subscribers can use their 3 free zip codes listings to re-position themselves into the best zip codes in their local area.

Through the past few years, the growing popularity of www.term4sale.com, and the increased sales by life agents listed on the site, has raised the number of agents buying zip code listings. Agents who buy listings can do so in any state in which they are licensed, but if the listing is a long distance phone call from their actual location, they must publish a toll free number.

It is my opinion (posted at www.term4sale.com) that whenever possible, a consumer is best served by a local independent agent. But in many cases, listings are being heavily saturated with listings that are not local. In many cases, we have no agent in that particular zip codes or area.

Others who like www.term4sale.com have taken notice:

Term Buyer: Need Independent Agent/advise

This year our customers have a one week period, before we renew paid listings, to re-position and "bump" paid listings from the most popular local zip codes. Each subscriber has 3 (some have more) zip codes to use for bumping.

We are always happy to sell surplus listings to subscribers where we do not have local agents to refer consumers to, but preference will always be given to agents for their local area. Only subscriber to Compulife ($180 per year) are permitted to obtain 3 free listings, and to purchase additional listings.

Last edited:
just for the record, i don't "hate" agents.

I think that most of them are incompetent and shouldn't have a license to sell insurance to the public.

How do you vet agents to make sure the right ones are advertising on your site? Since you believe most of them are incompetent and shouldn't have a license to sell insurance to the public, do you check references or somehow make sure that customers are safe with the agents advertised on your site?

How do you vet agents to make sure the right ones are advertising on your site? Since you believe most of them are incompetent and shouldn't have a license to sell insurance to the public, do you check references or somehow make sure that customers are safe with the agents advertised on your site?

I would make a sincere effort to respond to your question, but I know its not sincerely asked. You want me to answer so that you and your fellow critics can't use it as a jump off point to attack and denigrate my company and myself. So I will take a pass.

To anyone who would like to hear that answer, I would be happy to entertain any calls from any agents who sincerely would like to hear an answer, and discuss it further.

You can reach me personally at my office: 888-798-3488

I answer that phone myself.

"but if the listing is a long distance phone call from their actual location, they must publish a toll free number."

Hello! I'm a new agent in Georgia. Does a virtual local number count as toll free? I'm looking to possibly implement Compulife in my new website. I did a test quote at term4sale and of the 3 listings for my home zip code, one of them had a local virtual number but the agent was actually out of state.

Back