Finding a place to hang my hat

jessicazak

I am a newly licensed 220 agent. I have been owned businesses in technical consulting and as a home builder.

How do I find an agency that is looking to hire producers? I thought it would be easier to find a position. I have been working as a CSR since September and pursued my general lines while I was working.

Since I assist the office's top producer in such an efficient manner the owner has decided not to afford me the opportunity to become a producer myself. I was offered a pay raise to stay in the role of assistant. I am grateful for the offer and the sign of appreciation for my hard work. However, I did not get into this industry to be an assistant. My intentions were always to become a producer.

I have sent out a bunch of resumes and even spoke to someone at an agency that I was referred to. I plan to spend the day "cold calling" agencies.

I am not looking for a salary. I thought I would at this point be choosing where I wanted to work.

What is the best way to start working?

"Papa was a rolling stone wherever he hung his hat was his.....or was it laid his hat?" If you have a mailing address you should be getting some offers soon. As soon as I passed my test I was inundated.

Back