Finding GAs that are hiring and willing to train

mike6075

Expert
I am interested in finding GA's that are hiring and willing to train. Is there any particular palce I can look?

thanks,

A GA is not going to hire you, so much as allow you to contract or associate with their agency. You will not be working for someone in the traditional sense. Nor should you expect any kind of salary or base pay. Going into insurance is starting your own business. You'll need money to live on for the first 6 months or so while you build up. If that suits you, google insurance agencies in your area and call. Ask if they are "taking on" new agents. Set at least 3 appointments and really feel them out. Make sure your top picks have long lists of carriers. Go with your gut and pick the one you trust. They'll always be willing to take you if you come across remotely hard working and/or intelligent. It costs them very little to bring on an agent.

John,

Have any of your agents used HealthChoiceOne this Summer? Definitely MAJOR GROWING PAINS going on.

I place agents with them for HUMANA and I really like Scott but they have missplace more appointment work in 2 months than every carrier I have ever worked with in 8 years.

I've had agents call me after sending in appointment work with them 2 months before and I call the carriers and they still haven't received it.

Things seem to be better now after Scott hired some more people but you act like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread... What's your cut?

Last edited:
I'm disappointed in Wesley (The Sales Wolf). He knows that the carriers lose contracts, not Health Choice One. He was a competitor of ours until he picked up a few contracts with us this summer to help grow his agency. He's been bashing us with agents ever since in an attempt to recruit them to his camp.

That being said, we take full responsibility for getting agents up and running when carriers delay contracting and work diligently to resolve these types of issues quickly.

We all face challenges in this business. What defines us is how we deal with them. Ironically, some of the most loyal and satisfied agents we have are the ones who have had such challenges. Resolving them gives us the opportunity to show them how much we care and how hard we will work to earn their business every day.

Scott

I'm disappointed in Wesley (The Sales Wolf). He knows that the carriers lose contracts, not Health Choice One. He was a competitor of ours until he picked up a few contracts with us this summer to help grow his agency. He's been bashing us with agents ever since in an attempt to recruit them to his camp.

That being said, we take full responsibility for getting agents up and running when carriers delay contracting and work diligently to resolve these types of issues quickly.

We all face challenges in this business. What defines us is how we deal with them. Ironically, some of the most loyal and satisfied agents we have are the ones who have had such challenges. Resolving them gives us the opportunity to show them how much we care and how hard we will work to earn their business every day.

Scott

Scott,

I still love the people I deal with at HealthChoiceOne. I was just plainly stating that JOHN hypes you guys up and I went with you guys for HUMANA and had tons and tons of nightmares.
The carriers didn't lose 1 contract it was HCO. It was simply growing pains and I understand that. That's why you hired more people and like I stated before it got better but this SUMMER was a nightmare.

Last edited:
I understand. However, it's very important to get the facts straight when speaking negatively of others on a public forum

Humana,not Health Choice One, misplaced contracts repeatedly for many agents this summer and we resubmitted them multiple times. I have emails from Humana and their upper management to back all this up. Humana blew it, they admitted it, yet you threw HCO under the bus.

Just be more careful with what you publish on the internet. It can be quite damaging. Let's be nice to one another. It really is the best way to succeed in business.

:o)

Back