Fired for being a caregiver related to COVID-19

Fired due to COVID-19

• How can a company punish you for being a caregiver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Teena L Branch

I worked for Cigna for almost 5 years. My roommate contracted COVID-19 and has no family that could care for her. She was in the hospital and rehab for almost 4 months. She went into cardiac arrest at one point and could not walk, talk, and has cognitive impairment. I had to take off some days when she was incoherent. About a month later I fell over the Landlord's dog as he charged me and shattered my hip into four pieces. More time off. I lost time from work because my roommate had days where she could not remember anything. She set the trashcan on fire...flooded the apartment twice..talked to dead people..etc.i would have to call my supervisor to take off. I filed FMLA to cover the days missed. I was told by my Supervisor to list her as a domestic partner WHICH IS A LIE. Cigna fired me because she was not related and stated I did not submit the dates. The dates were specifically written on 3 different pages. I have the fax on my phone. Dont work for this company...they don't care

I worked for Cigna for almost 5 years. My roommate contracted COVID-19 and has no family that could care for her. She was in the hospital and rehab for almost 4 months. She went into cardiac arrest at one point and could not walk, talk, and has cognitive impairment. I had to take off some days when she was incoherent. About a month later I fell over the Landlord's dog as he charged me and shattered my hip into four pieces. More time off. I lost time from work because my roommate had days where she could not remember anything. She set the trashcan on fire...flooded the apartment twice..talked to dead people..etc.i would have to call my supervisor to take off. I filed FMLA to cover the days missed. I was told by my Supervisor to list her as a domestic partner WHICH IS A LIE. Cigna fired me because she was not related and stated I did not submit the dates. The dates were specifically written on 3 different pages. I have the fax on my phone. Dont work for this company...they don't care
That's too bad. In hindsight Teena (if that's your real name), you should've had an affair with her to satisfy Cigna. :yes:

I don't like Cigna, because they're woke ..... they don't like older white guys. :nah:

As a former Adjudicator for unemployment you should have qualified for FMLA after the hip disaster and possibly under the original care due to covid. Failure to file timely paperwork would result in either a Voluntary Quit or a Discharge due to excessive absenteeism.

I have never worked for CIGNA. It appears to me that this poster, Teena Branch, is here for the primary reason of causing damage to CIGNA and for no good reason.

She begins by stating she worked for CIGNA for almost 5 years, yet her LInkedIn shows it as 3 years, 4 months. Then she states that her roommate was in the hospital and/or rehab for almost 4 months. During this time Teena had to take days off to care for her roommate. Why? The roommate is in a facility with 24 hour a day care? She then admits to falsifying a FMLA request.

Something smells fishy here.

I have never worked for CIGNA. It appears to me that this poster, Teena Branch, is here for the primary reason of causing damage to CIGNA and for no good reason.

She begins by stating she worked for CIGNA for almost 5 years, yet her LInkedIn shows it as 3 years, 4 months. Then she states that her roommate was in the hospital and/or rehab for almost 4 months. During this time Teena had to take days off to care for her roommate. Why? The roommate is in a facility with 24 hour a day care? She then admits to falsifying a FMLA request.

Something smells fishy here.

You ask too many questions... it's like you really want to know the truth or something. I mean, if she said she was really a guy in a women's body, you might be called out believing in science or some foolish thing like that.

;)

Back