First Week with Colonial

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
I just finished my first week with Colonial. I spoke to 70 businesses and have 10 Decision Maker appointments for this coming week. What is the average would you say? I also found out the AFLAC is in just about every business so far, which I anticipated, and that is why I went with Colonial, to gradually chip away at AFLAC in our area.

I had 4 Decision Maker meetings this week, and I only worked Wednesday of last week and spoke with 30 people businesses.

Any advice from experienced agents will be appreciated.;)

I just finished my first week with Colonial. I spoke to 70 businesses and have 10 Decision Maker appointments for this coming week. What is the average would you say? I also found out the AFLAC is in just about every business so far, which I anticipated, and that is why I went with Colonial, to gradually chip away at AFLAC in our area.

I had 4 Decision Maker meetings this week, and I only worked Wednesday of last week and spoke with 30 people businesses.

Any advice from experienced agents will be appreciated.;)

Sounds like you had plenty of activity. That is the secret. Are you doing it alone or do you have an experienced agent with you? I would try to schedule my decision maker appointments with a mentor.

Sounds like you had plenty of activity. That is the secret. Are you doing it alone or do you have an experienced agent with you? I would try to schedule my decision maker appointments with a mentor.

I am doing the decision maker meetings with a manager, but I am doing my approaches on my own. I rode with a manager for a couple of days but I think he saw that I could do that myself.

I am scheduled for Colonial College at the end of the month.

I was in auto sales for about 20 years so I have shaken 1000's of hands.

Last edited:
Don't forget to partner with insurance brokers as well, if you can that is. That way you can hit up more prospective clients in one swoop.

This is very good advice... and Colonial has some methods for you to do that. They claim that well over half the business they write is in conjunction with brokers. Of course, the problem is that you will have to split your commission with them about 50-50. It's a great deal for the broker as he or she does not have to do anything beyond make a phone call introducing you.

It's not a good deal for you on small group. But if you can land a 50 to 100 life group that belongs to a broker, you can do OK. You will still work your tail off for 50%... but it's 50% you would not have gotten otherwise.

"I spoke to 70 businesses and have 10 Decision Maker appointments for this coming week"

Shoot, I need to take advice from you.

If were to give you any advice on selling the product it would be to communicate that you are going to do what is best for the employee's. Don't sell them 10 different policies but narrow it down.

If your dealing with larger companies remember its going to cost them money in time to put the plans in place. So if that comes up have a reason why its worth the companies time to switch if they are already with the duck.

Congratulations...looks like you are off to a great start.

Were your 70 approaches by phone or in-person?

Congratulations...looks like you are off to a great start.

Were your 70 approaches by phone or in-person?

In person.. I don't know if I would do as well on the phone. I actually only ended up with 7 decision maker meetings. Today 3 of the 10 postponed until next week.

In person.. I don't know if I would do as well on the phone. I actually only ended up with 7 decision maker meetings. Today 3 of the 10 postponed until next week.

Don't sweet it. With spring break coming up usually benefits come to a stand still. All the decision makers are more worried about getting out of town than voluntary products.

Back