Five Ways Approach

A few thoughts:

Ask healthagent about ex-marines and sales success. :err:

It's a cryin' shame that the "elite intelligenitalia" don't realize that our young people in uniform may not be quite as book smart, but they surely have no problem relating to "middle America", the average folks who make this country work (still - so far). I relate because I am one of the "great unwashed" but self-taught average Americans who succeeds in our system of freedom by helping "jus' reg'lar folks".

Wonder what would happen if you took one of these "blindly obedient" nice young military folks and said "Here's how you do an app, now go get 10 a day, that's the normal quota." Would they "obey"? I've heard it's been done.

I have learned much from TGP. If you have any liberal tendencies whatsoever, you won't enjoy TGP, however, that does not negate the business wisdom and knowledge that exists in the posts, inculcated by multi-generational and multi-disciplinary exposure to deep experience.

See you there - if you have common sense enough to follow a few simple rules! :twitchy: (I bet military personnel would have no problem getting in.)

Thanks for Tom for bringing this thread back to life. I've been talking to lots of businesses without much success and reading this thread provided me with food for thought. Most of the owners that I've encountered were part of the young families market that I like to target and I would like to offer them a lot more.

Any of you care to share an example of a 5-ways flyer? Please send me a pm and thanks in advance.

You don't need the 5 ways. Meisel's 5 Ways is advanced marketing. You need simple products for simple solutions.

Start with convertible-term life insurance.

5 ways: Death, disability, retirement, bankrupt or sale.(need the money, moving, obsolete, bored)

Dear owner, some day you will give up this business in one of 5 ways...(quote the above and you can romance it a bit)

Helen

FIVE WAYS

"Friend you are working today. One day you will not be working for one of the following five reasons:

1. Death
2. Disability
3. Retirement
4. Voluntary Resignation
5. Involuntary Termination

My job is to help you build a moat around your castle. Odds are what you think is your castle is really a thatch and straw hut, and the big bad wolf is coming down the lane. My job is to get you prepared for battle.What I do is make sure that no matter which way you stop working, you have done all you can to be prepared and to end up with the most money in your pocket."
"This is what we do for our clients. We provide an economic road map that provides some focus, direction and a whole lot of security.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A few thoughts:

Ask healthagent about ex-marines and sales success. :err:

It's a cryin' shame that the "elite intelligenitalia" don't realize that our young people in uniform may not be quite as book smart, but they surely have no problem relating to "middle America", the average folks who make this country work (still - so far). I relate because I am one of the "great unwashed" but self-taught average Americans who succeeds in our system of freedom by helping "jus' reg'lar folks".

Wonder what would happen if you took one of these "blindly obedient" nice young military folks and said "Here's how you do an app, now go get 10 a day, that's the normal quota." Would they "obey"? I've heard it's been done.

I have learned much from TGP. If you have any liberal tendencies whatsoever, you won't enjoy TGP, however, that does not negate the business wisdom and knowledge that exists in the posts, inculcated by multi-generational and multi-disciplinary exposure to deep experience.

See you there - if you have common sense enough to follow a few simple rules! :twitchy: (I bet military personnel would have no problem getting in.)

One of the smartest, hardest working, true leaders I have ever know is a gentleman who I work with that was an Army Ranger. It is an honor to be associated with him.

Last edited:
My job is to help you build a moat around your castle. Odds are what you think is your castle is really a thatch and straw hut, and the big bad wolf is coming down the lane.

Yeah, I find insulting them gets the business.:D

Often business owners think they will sell the business, but the reality is that it may be difficult to find a buyer, or to get the price you want or need.

I think what exec said was amazingingly on point. Its good to get a little rough with the prospect, not everyone is motivated by gold medals and such good stuff, sometimes it takes a golden labrador chasing them down to get it done.

Its always good to paint them a picture of the "what ifs". Once they really understand what type of financial sh*t storm their wife would be in if they died it is easier for them to make the decision to buy. You really have to make them understand it though. Some people are pretty tough to reach...dense.

You tell me what I've built is crap and I'll kick your ass down the stairs. You ask me questions which find pain, then I need to find a solution.

Let the circle jerk resume.

Latest posts

Back