FL Cigna Comp

bukev1

Expert
Commission Changes
08/01/2014

Commission Changes for 9/1/14 through 12/31/14

Regarding Cigna's Gold and Platinum plans, please be advised that for new Individual and Family Plan cases with effective dates from September 1, 2014 to December 15, 2014, Cigna will not pay commissions on the medical portion of those plans. This applies to both on-exchange business as well as off-exchange business. We will continue to pay commissions as usual on the dental portion of these sales. Note, there is no change to the commission level for Bronze and Silver plans or to any of your existing medical plans written prior to 9/1/14.

Commission Changes
08/01/2014

Commission Changes for 9/1/14 through 12/31/14

Regarding Cigna's Gold and Platinum plans, please be advised that for new Individual and Family Plan cases with effective dates from September 1, 2014 to December 15, 2014, Cigna will not pay commissions on the medical portion of those plans. This applies to both on-exchange business as well as off-exchange business. We will continue to pay commissions as usual on the dental portion of these sales. Note, there is no change to the commission level for Bronze and Silver plans or to any of your existing medical plans written prior to 9/1/14.
:skeptical:

Hmmm, I dunno what to think about this. Clearly it won't affect OE / Subsidised plans as they all have a Jan 1 2K15 start date.

However, I'm not understanding what is looking to be achieved aside from reducing if not eliminating sales of Gold and Plat plans from September 1, 2014 to December 15, 2014

Anyone else have some insight on this?

I see it as forcing agents to be discriminatory towards sicker patients who this law was supposed to help. Clearly against the spirit of the law. These are the clients who need the most help seeking network and formulary coverage.

Also, this clearly shows that allowing an SEP for a short term Maj med has backfired and caused a large number to to game the system caused by their own doing.

And, if their claim experience is high , we all know they are protected with the 3 R's and reinsurance. This is BS and just an excuse to push this type of biz to other carriers which may not be best for the client.

I hope CMS sees this as a clear violation of steering, something that should make everyone concerned.

0% comp, I guess they don't want to grow their business....Obviously agents aren't gonna give them any, or roll them away from Cigna. Good luck Cigna with that.

0% comp, I guess they don't want to grow their business....Obviously agents aren't gonna give them any, or roll them away from Cigna. Good luck Cigna with that.

Their rates are way too high in Florida anyway, this is just another reason to ignore them...

They did this before.

Family plans where a child was max rated = $0 comp. Result was any broker with any sense stopped giving them ANY family business.

They also cut comp to $0 on any plan in NC a few years ago. Claimed they got all the business they needed (wanted) direct.

Cigna is showing a pattern. Agents have a long memory, and it can take many years for them to repair their reputation if they proceed with tactics like this. I will keep watching this one!

And let's not forget they cut out Indy agents completely in arizona at end of 2013 before selling a.c.a. in AZ

I see it as forcing agents to be discriminatory towards sicker patients who this law was supposed to help. Clearly against the spirit of the law. These are the clients who need the most help seeking network and formulary coverage.

It's more than that. Clearly illegal "steerage" under the ACA. Three complaints have been filed with appropriate authorities this weekend, with more to follow.
ac

I would have to agree with Cigna trying to guide business.

Anyone considering a gold plan may be a much higher utilization client because they want a plan with a higher actuarial value, so they have less out of pocket.

This is a blatant violation of the ACA. You would think the people at Cigna are smarter than this.

Back