Fl. UHC/AARP Med Supps adding fitness benefit for 2020 ?

policywunk

Guru
Any other Fl agent on the UHC Medicare Supplement Symposium webinar ? If I heard correctly they are adding the free fitness club membership benefit effective 1/1/20

UHC dropping Silver Sneakers in a number of states and adding a "fitness" benefit.

Not going over well with the gray panthers

So interesting. Statistics show that a very small percentage of policyholders actually use Silver Sneakers, way under 10%. Just try to pry it away, though!
In fairness, some use it a lot. One of my clients goes to multiple classes a week, sometimes two or more a day.

Ya but they are replacing it with renew active which is basically the same thing.

Your already seeing gyms cobrand silversneakers and renew active

So interesting. Statistics show that a very small percentage of policyholders actually use Silver Sneakers, way under 10%. Just try to pry it away, though!
In fairness, some use it a lot. One of my clients goes to multiple classes a week, sometimes two or more a day.

I have heard that multiple time from UHC, not anywhere else, In my experience, many who look for S.S. use it, at least at 50% conservatively, Probably more

the ones that say they don't care don't use it. How that adds up together I don't know, I am sure it's more the 10% though

I don't think it was as underutilized as UHC has been making it out over the last 3 years since they started that, I believe they just wanted to justify dropping it

Probably a more underutilized benefit is the over the counter. I often talk to a client for some other reason, And I ask have you used the OTC, they had forgotten I told them about it and had no info on it from welcome package, I encourage them to call and use it,Out of many I went through this I only know of 1 That I know did call and start using it

This is in FL and yes they are adding it.

The only other company to have it in FL is Humana. As long as their premiums stay low and their rate increase stays low here, they’ll continue to be the go to plan. They also said they are raising commissions thankfully.

They are also rolling out gender ratings in many states, and 39% discounts with 13 yr %3 increases, starting at age 68 thru age 80. Age 65 to 67 no 3% increase.

Also rewarding producers with over 300 apps with new small trails for yrs 7 to 10 on policies coming to the end of 6 yr trail and going to $0

Back