Fl. UHC/AARP Med Supps adding fitness benefit for 2020 ?

Tough to be against them in some states
________
UnitedHealthcare and offer your clients the strength and stability of AARP Medicare Supplement Plans which have the largest Medicare Supplement market share* and high member satisfaction:

• 34.1% of the Medicare Supplement Market Share*
  • 96% of insured members surveyed are satisfied with their plan1
  • 9 out of 10 insured members surveyed would recommend their plan to family and friends1
  • 95% of active insured members currently renew their plan2 and on average hold their plans for 10 years

Tough to be against them in some states
________
UnitedHealthcare and offer your clients the strength and stability of AARP Medicare Supplement Plans which have the largest Medicare Supplement market share* and high member satisfaction:

• 34.1% of the Medicare Supplement Market Share*
  • 96% of insured members surveyed are satisfied with their plan1
  • 9 out of 10 insured members surveyed would recommend their plan to family and friends1
  • 95% of active insured members currently renew their plan2 and on average hold their plans for 10 years

With the exception of a few states like FL, NY, and some others, they are overpriced and have high increases

The statistics though are largely correct, it's like a cult, Some really think they are better off paying an extra $100 per month for the same plan as another carrier just because of its AARP branded, and say things like but they pay well

But what does this even mean
UnitedHealthcare and offer your clients the strength and stability of AARP Medicare Supplement Plans

I know its UHC saying it, Not You, but what makes them more strong and stable than other companies?

Certainly not rate stability, they don't pay any faster or more than others

@vic120 you can make the same argument about the BX plans.

• ALL the doctors take them
  • BX has been good to me for years - why switch now?
  • I can go direct, cut out the agent, and save money
  • When I call them I won't get a sales pitch
Until last summer I was able to find a way to offer that same or different plan with a different carrier. I finally caved and started writing them when BCBSGA was retired and replaced with Anthem.

the enrollment discount (not available in FL) will be frozen at 39% off the base rate for ages 65-68 and rolls off 3% each year for a total of 16 years.

PLUS the annual inflation increases, right? Those should start on the FIRST renewal.

and say things like but they pay well

Some of that could come from not a lot of knowledge about insurance and problems in getting claims paid with u65 carriers.

For example(s),

On EGHP I had situations in 2 or 3 consecutive years where in January, suddenly claims of a type that had been being paid with no problem in the previous year, were suddenly denied. It took awhile, but what I finally came up with was that there had been billing code changes for the service, effective Jan 1 and I had to get the providers to submit new claims with a new procedure code number.

In another EGHP situation with a very large national health insuror, the company refused to pay a claim they were legally obligated to pay, EVEN AFTER I FILED AN APPEAL. THEY DENIED THE APPEAL TOO. I finally was able to get the name and email of the employer's carrier rep and got him involved. Even then it took another 4-5 weeks, but the carrier finally paid the claim.

With experiences like that, and maybe some problems getting pre-approval for procedures, I think it becomes difficult for the uninitiated to really believe that all Medicare Supplement carriers will pay and approve in the same manner.

Understanding a little better how MediGap carriers will really pay is one benefit I have from reading the wide ranging posts here.

Inflation of 0% or 1% or 2.5% has been the norm for past 6 years in az and fl.

Yes, they love claims being paid and think it's the supplement carrier being the reason vs medicare

Inflation of 0% or 1% or 2.5% has been the norm for past 6 years in az and fl.

Yes, they love claims being paid and think it's the supplement carrier being the reason vs medicare

NY as well, Also CA & MI has been good when I used to sell there as well

Not so much in NC, IL, SC, TX and many other's where I often talk to seniors 72-80 years old with plan F near or above $300, When I can plan F near or below $200 and plan G under $150

The Overpircied heavy increase states are more than the good states

High rate states subsidize low rate states.

Older policyholders subsidize young ones.

UHC isn't the only one that does that.

This is the way the insurance game has been played for years.

Sales control rates.

Back