Florida Blue 2015 Exchange Rates Increase 17.6%

Saw an agent bulletin on this yesterday and I was in shock. FB has always had a wish to price themself's out of the market. Well at least I won't lose any renewals. But there are hundred's of agents that will. I don't know how they can even justify this, I can't believe they had the number's of large claims before they filed. Don't help that Florida has given them an open book for two years. Or rather card blanc on rate increases.

Last edited:
Saw an agent bulletin on this yesterday and I was in shock. FB has always had a wish to price themself's out of the market. Well at least I won't lose any renewals. But there are hundred's of agents that will. I don't know how they can even justify this, I can't believe they had the number's of large claims before they filed. Don't help that Florida has given them an open book for two years. Or rather card blanc on rate increases.

It will be interesting to see how many other carriers file Exchange plans in the counties where Blue was the only option in 2014, they are ripe to be really hurt.

They weren't the lowest option in my area in 2014 either On or Off Exchange so it will be my pleasure to take as much business away from them as I can in the upcoming OEP.

Why will agents lose their renewals? I'm confused.

----------

It will be interesting to see how many other carriers file Exchange plans in the counties where Blue was the only option in 2014, they are ripe to be really hurt.

They weren't the lowest option in my area in 2014 either On or Off Exchange so it will be my pleasure to take as much business away from them as I can in the upcoming OEP.

Especially in Naples (Collier Co), FB was the only exchange carrier in the richest county in the U.S., but there were still plenty of people eligible for APTC that I lost. Wish I would have kept those leads filed, they went in the trash.

I know Assurant is filing in every county for ON exchange.

Why will agents lose their renewals? I'm confused.

----------

Especially in Naples (Collier Co), FB was the only exchange carrier in the richest county in the U.S., but there were still plenty of people eligible for APTC that I lost. Wish I would have kept those leads filed, they went in the trash.

I know Assurant is filing in every county for ON exchange.

I was referring to loss of renewals on the biz that will drop. If I was in a county with other carrier's and one of them was less expensive than FB and receiving a subsidy I certainly would drop my FB and move on. If I did not have an option I will still drop them and pay the penalty. Some of my subsidy individuals can barely afford to pay their portion now.

I believe the bulletin I received said FB was still the only company in all county's.

Latest posts

Back