Florida Blue "Agent of Record"

ameneses54

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm quite confused on how FB handles commissions with the premise of "agent of record".
Frequently I renew FB clients who were not initially enrolled by me, I change the NPN during the process.
So the question refers to what is meant by agent of record for commissions and will I get commissions if I renew a client who was originally written by someone else or not?
Please advise.

You have to be a captive agent with them to get a commission, and they protect original AOR on policy and not pay even if new FB agent writes it

You have to be a captive agent with them to get a commission, and they protect original AOR on policy and not pay even if new FB agent writes it
Thanks for the reply. If I'm getting it correctly, this means that only and forever the original NPR agent will get the commissions and it makes no difference to input a new NPR. Right?

Actually I dropped my FB contract, it was constraining and inconvenient.

It's really what it comes down to in the end. The contract is too restrictive, especially when it comes to Medicare.

I do like the Annual Sales Convention, AEP/OEP meet ups and the branding.

But if you sell ACA in FL now with Oscar, Bright Health etc vs just FL BLUE, I dunno not worth it anymore. Plus like I said in FL, it's better to have Humana/UHC etc vs just BCBSFL for Medicare.

Back