Florida Blue - Urinary Catheters?

born2beflyin

USA
(Sorry, this is a duplicate of one I posted in the wrong place)

I'm looking into making a job change and getting Florida Blue 1424 for my special needs daughter (individual, child-only policy) who requires intermittent catheterization. Currently, her catheters are billed with HCPCS code A4351. Neither Florida Blue, nor CareCentrix, nor Edgepark will give me a straight answer whether or not her catheters will be covered. Florida Blue rep says she is "confident" they will be but that she couldn't guarantee it. The problem is urinary catheters aren't specifically mentioned in the contract as being covered nor excluded, so it's vague. Florida Blue rep says they should be covered under Durable Medical Equipment (DME), but our current Florida Blue plan (Federal) covers catheters under Medical Supplies in a separate section from DME in the contract.

HELP!!! I need an answer. Does anyone know if urinary catheters will be covered under Florida Blue plans, specifically 1424. Assume a preferred provider prescribed them, it's the cheapest solution, and they come from a preferred medical supply provider.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Justin

Back