Florida Major Medical Question

pcbinsurance

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Who is the most competitive in this state? BCBS-FL? UHC??
Someone else?

I need to offer it though I'm going to focus on Life Insurance. I have a few small employers that are in the market and I'm sure I'll come across some folks in my daily travels that inquire.

I'm going through HCO and need to choose the companies I want to represent here in the Sunshine State.

Any opinions/facts will be greatly appreciated.

Who is the most competitive in this state? BCBS-FL? UHC??

no idea, run a quote on ehealth and the bx site to see how they compare.

I'm going through HCO and need to choose the companies I want to represent here in the Sunshine State.

what is the contract hco is offering?

commission level/interest on advances?

shouldnt they have the information on who the most competitive carriers in FL are?

"shouldnt they have the information on who the most competitive carriers in FL are? "
I'm sure they do but they also have their "favored" carriers. Sometimes those aren't always the best rate.

I'm pretty sure UHC is less than BCBS but I believe the lowest is Cigna

to be clear, re:blue cross which plans are u comparing 2 uhc? cuz u know they got the cadillac plans that cover mri's catscans at a copay, xrays at a copay, free bloodwork etx.....not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

I don't deal too much with under 65 but I do notice that when comparing apples to apples plans BCBS seems to always be higher.
Though it's hard most of the time to compare exactly the same plan as UHC has a reducing deductible

Depending on where you're located, apples to apples BC is less expensive all across the panhandle. If you get a BC appointment you do know you're captive and can't offer another company unless your client is declined. If this is individual you are referring to.

Depending on where you're located, apples to apples BC is less expensive all across the panhandle. If you get a BC appointment you do know you're captive and can't offer another company unless your client is declined. If this is individual you are referring to.

I do know agents in my downline with UHC that have BCBS. You're just going to have to study the plans and run some quotes. BCBS is difficult to deal with and only want the cream. You need to find out if the quote is a low ball for the first year and then they get hit with a substantial increase. Don't forget to check out Coventry and Humana. The tough part is they are different in price depending on location. You need to just get contracted with them all and hook up with a lead company that has a quote engine - well worth the small monthly charge. Check with Norvax, they've made me a lot of money and they do have a great back office for you to manage your leads and an auto responder that sends out 5 follow emails, very well written. Good luck:cool:

Back