Florida Non Resident License with Felony.

Hi everyone sorry this has o be my first post but i'm in need of advice. I have a resident Georgia license and am also non residence licensed in about 17 other states from a company that I use to work for.
I recently got hired at another company who writes majority of their business in Florida. I have a felony of 1st degree forgery from about 16 years ago when I was 18. I was able to obtain my other licenses with a 1033 waiver but I know Florida does not accept those.
Does anyone have advice or experience on rather Florida will excuse my background and accept my Florida non resident application and grant me licensing. I k is everything is at the boards discretion.
Help!
Thank you in advance.

You can also pose your question in writing on their website. I do that often for some of my FL clients and the Dept has always gotten back to me with written emailed answers, although sometimes it may take a few work days. You might be best to get a written response in this situation.

Call the fl oir but I think they're going to tell you no.

Why should a convicted forger even be able to work in this business? Shame on GA and those other 17 states for even granting you a license. Why don't you go sell mobile homes or work in some other sleazy business. I know I wouldn't entrust an insurance application to someone with a record of forging signatures. :skeptical:

Hi everyone sorry this has o be my first post but i'm in need of advice. I have a resident Georgia license and am also non residence licensed in about 17 other states from a company that I use to work for.
I recently got hired at another company who writes majority of their business in Florida. I have a felony of 1st degree forgery from about 16 years ago when I was 18. I was able to obtain my other licenses with a 1033 waiver but I know Florida does not accept those.
Does anyone have advice or experience on rather Florida will excuse my background and accept my Florida non resident application and grant me licensing. I k is everything is at the boards discretion.
Help!
Thank you in advance.

Why should a convicted forger even be able to work in this business? Shame on GA and those other 17 states for even granting you a license. Why don't you go sell mobile homes or work in some other sleazy business. I know I wouldn't entrust an insurance application to someone with a record of forging signatures. :skeptical:

He that is without sin among you let him cast the first stone.

----------

Help!
Thank you in advance.

Have you considered trying to have the record expunged?

No rock for me then! When I was that same age, I was forging my parent's signature on my high school report card.

And I forged grades in a teachers grade books on two different occasions when I was in high school.

They don't convict you of Felony forgery unless you committed fraud that resulted in material loss for the injured party. Not exactly the same as "forging your signature on your report card". I so hate false equivalencies! :no:

I so hate false equivalencies! :no:

I think I would have chosen a felony over the wrath of my mother had I got caught!

I get your point. and I would agree with you had she not been a teenager when it happened.

A lot of teenagers screw up in some way, whether it's breaking the law or doing something else really stupid ..... And almost all teenagers get 2nd chances if they've earned it.

Back