Florida P&C & Life & Health- Retail or Corp Office?

MichaelQ

Expert
Hi everyone. Do you know if the P&C Companies & life & health require you to be in a retail space (like a shopping center) or are they ok if you have a corporate space? I'm in Florida and have a 2-20 & 2-15 and I'm looking into office space. I'm trying to keep cost down and a corporate office would cost a lot less, because it includes utilities and wi-fi. but if I have to get a retail space to start.. So please if you know the answer I would really appreciate it.

Michael Q.:yes:

Kind of a broad question. Depends on carrier. L&H more liberal on this but I know of at least a couple of guys in executive suites for P&C. I'm not in Florida though. Are you trying to go Indy? If it is a captive situation or a producer agreement they should be able to tell you a lot faster than building your case on here.

Hi everyone. Do you know if the P&C Companies & life & health require you to be in a retail space (like a shopping center) or are they ok if you have a corporate space? I'm in Florida and have a 2-20 & 2-15 and I'm looking into office space. I'm trying to keep cost down and a corporate office would cost a lot less, because it includes utilities and wi-fi. but if I have to get a retail space to start.. So please if you know the answer I would really appreciate it.

Michael Q.:yes:

You would be fine in an office. As long as it isn't like an executive swuite, a company might look down upon that. Most companies aren't appointing in Florida so it wouldn't effect that aspect either way.

So retail space it is.. Agghh the extra expense.. I'm considering Joining FAIA to be able to access certain markets or find an agent that can give me access to write thru his companies and I will share commissions with them. SO many bumps in the road. Gotta keep jumping them, any suggestions on starting would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Q :swoon:

So retail space it is.. Agghh the extra expense.. I'm considering Joining FAIA to be able to access certain markets or find an agent that can give me access to write thru his companies and I will share commissions with them. SO many bumps in the road. Gotta keep jumping them, any suggestions on starting would be greatly appreciated. Michael Q :swoon:

Michael,

You can definitely start out in an executive suite office... Just as long as it is a nice building. After leaving captive, I started my independent agency in an executive suite.

Also, although it's good to join FAIA, your not going to get many appointments by doing so.

So retail space it is.. Agghh the extra expense.. I'm considering Joining FAIA to be able to access certain markets or find an agent that can give me access to write thru his companies and I will share commissions with them. SO many bumps in the road. Gotta keep jumping them, any suggestions on starting would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Q :swoon:

Did I miss something? It looked as if your recommendations were exec suite or corp office. Why did you jump back to retail.
Where in Florida?

Last edited:
I actually work from home and go to my clients. Executive suite great choice. PC in Ft Myers is unique. 70% business is excess surplus. I think you said you came from State Farm. They have not written commercial in this area for a couple of years. Do you plan on focusing on commercial or HO3?

I was required to have retAil space for the carriers I represent plus the big one was getting access to pull consumer reports. They required copy of lease agreement or utility bill at somewhere other than your residence. I got away with working from home for the first year by working up a lease agreement from a buddy of mine who had a financial advisory office. I used his address for physical and had the mailing address as a po box. Very rarely someone dropped by his office and his assistant told them I was out in an appointment and they needed to call me to schedule an appointment.

North Ft Myers/ Cape Coral. and I will go with the corporate office. I would like to concentrate on the commercial side, but be able to offer my clients auto and home so I can ideally service most if not all of their insurance needs.

Back