Florida Questions Regarding Appointments

FLP&C

I am currently a direct writer for commercial P&C insurance company. I am looking into starting my own agency. I want to be able to have access to carriers like FCCI, Zurich, Safeco, United Fire, Hanover, Old Dominion.....
1) How do I get appointed by these insurance companies? Steps...

2) I have heard of companies that keep a very small percentage of your commission and pay dues and you can keep your book. Good way to have access to competitive rates. Please help with advice?

Most companies wont give you direct appointments until you have some experiance and a book of business you can dangle in front of them. Usually new agents start out with GA's like Superior Access or Insurance Noodle. Not the best thing in the world but you have got to start somewhere.

JCK818 have you heard of satellite agency network. I heard they have a similar program with better carriers?

Does anyone have any recommendations??

Never heard of them. Although, better carriers than Travelers, The Hartford, Zurich, CNA etc... ???
It doesn't matter who you get set up with. Just make sure you are comfortable with their operation and their turnaround times.

I want to own my book. Do those agency like insurance noodle have competitive rates?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JCK818, whats the difference between companies like Insurance Noodle, Superior Access companies, and agency like Bliss and Gennon, Hull & Co?
I want to understand the difference in a wholesaler (Insurance Noodle) and I guess they are called GA (Bliss and Gennon)?

Last edited:
Noodle and Superior access have preferred carriers for most part. They are like a one stop shop. They have personal and commercial lines. They give you access to companies that you cannot possibly get on your own when you are just starting out. Again, not the only game in town, but they are very big. Insurance Noodle is like 200 bucks for the whole year! The other two are mainly surplus lines. They will write pretty much anything you throw at them. It's good to have them around, you will (almost) never ever turn a client away because you don't have a market.

By the way please do not think i work for any of these companies. I'm an independent agent.

JCK818, whats the difference between companies like Insurance Noodle, Superior Access companies, and agency like Bliss and Gennon, Hull & Co?

Bliss and Gennon, Hull & Co?

Back