Fluctuations In Google Rankings All Over The Place - How Is Your Site Doing?

JustinB

There has been a lot of chatter over the past week or 2 about Google algorithm updates. First, Google has said that they have baked the Panda filter into their core algorithm (rather than updating it once or twice per year) and the Mozcast shows a lot of recent fluctuations across the board.

MozCast - The Google Algorithm Weather Report

Is anyone seeing any movement in organic referrals from Google over the past week or 2?

We've jumped way up our state's auto insurance rankings. Like from the top of page 7 to the bottom of page 2. I think in general the algorithm is getting old data out of the way.

There has been a lot of chatter over the past week or 2 about Google algorithm updates. First, Google has said that they have baked the Panda filter into their core algorithm (rather than updating it once or twice per year) and the Mozcast shows a lot of recent fluctuations across the board.

MozCast - The Google Algorithm Weather Report

Is anyone seeing any movement in organic referrals from Google over the past week or 2?

That's a neat trick just having one post and having the 5,000 post banner. I see you work for the Forum. Sam doesn't even have one of those...you cheated. :laugh:

When google made all the side add changes we were really worried that the cost of keywords were going to go sky high. I have been operating at a 100k per month budget with google for almost 4 years now and we were terrified. I was surprised that our keyword cost has remained pretty stable. Also, I feel like our response with the same keywords has grown. I have to attribute that to the new algo changes offsetting any adverse reaction to the self serve system. Even though most of the changes only effect organic, paid definitely got effected.

I called google support after I noticed my reviews disappeared on PBG and another local site and I dropped off the 3 pack for both state and city.

Thousands were affected and there have been hundreds of calls.

If your reviews are gone look up google business manager, put your number in to the support contact request line.

Alternatively, edit your business info in the business manager. Click on Addresses, click edit, then grab the map pin and move it a mm, drop it, and then move it back. Your reviews will come back as well as SEO. You’ll be back on the map once you do that.

I'm just going to throw it out there, the best way to mitigate these types of things is to stay on top of SEO and marketing trends related to Google by keeping up with blogs like Moz and Hubspot, and making sure the primary focus of your SEO strategy is always, always, always high-quality content.

Back