Flyers or mailers for groups?

I have been putting some flyers together for individual promotions and am now starting to look at group fyers and mailers. I was wondering if anyone could share theirs or had some good input on putting one together?

I have been putting some flyers together for individual promotions and am now starting to look at group fyers and mailers.

How have they been working so far on the individual side?

I am just now starting to use them, I'm hoping they will do well. I got basic layout and wording from IHIAA and changed them to suit my needs. I also found some professional looking templates to use.

I asked because I was curious if you were using this successfully currently. I have walked into businesses and left flyers without trying any other pitch and written deals, but I get my best results just asking for the person "in-charge of quoting your health, life, and disability coverage?"

I probably wouldn't spend much time on the group flyer. First of all, many of the small businesses you walk into you won't be sure if they have a group plan, individual policy, coverage through a spouse, or no coverage. I would leave something generic if you are going the flyer route. For the larger businesses with group plans, I would just ask for the right person to speak with and get permission to stay in touch if they don't want to talk now.

I leave a small packet of info for the owner/controller but I put a nice pen in the packet. They might throw the packet away but not the pen.

What kind of flyers are you using when you see the people. I have tried this and do not have one set that is any good.

Any ideas?
Thanks

I use a nice glossy flyer that talks about my services.

I mail them to the contact and then call them and start asking questions if I can get that far. I use the mailer to kind of validate me when I call them on the phone.

I wish I could tell you it works well.

I am thinking about going to a digital flyer after I use up the 2000+ of these I have left.

If your doing walk-in's you can use a tri-folded flyer with your contact info or staple a business card to it. But to be honest handing out flyers in businesses is like saying: "here you throw it away". Because that is where the gatekeeper usually put's it.

The best approach I've had is just to walk in gather what info you can and just leave your card, cheap and easy. If they throw it away who cares... My goal is to just find out who DM is, how many employees they have, current carrier, and their renewal date.

If your doing walk-in's you can use a tri-folded flyer with your contact info or staple a business card to it. But to be honest handing out flyers in businesses is like saying: "here you throw it away". Because that is where the gatekeeper usually put's it.

The best approach I've had is just to walk in gather what info you can and just leave your card, cheap and easy. If they throw it away who cares... My goal is to just find out who DM is, how many employees they have, current carrier, and their renewal date.

My flyers include a folder with information on the inside about my services. I will hand them out or mail them in envelope so it looks very professional.

You are right in trying to obtain as much info as possible. Most of the time I am unable to get any info on how many employees or what carrier when I walk in. I then follow up by phone to try to talk to the DM.
I have found that blue collar companies are more receptive to that technique. At leats I get to speak the DM.

But I am open to any ideas that have a better closing rate

My flyers include a folder with information on the inside about my services. I will hand them out or mail them in envelope so it looks very professional.

You are right in trying to obtain as much info as possible. Most of the time I am unable to get any info on how many employees or what carrier when I walk in. I then follow up by phone to try to talk to the DM.
I have found that blue collar companies are more receptive to that technique. At leats I get to speak the DM.

But I am open to any ideas that have a better closing rate

Yah I agree that sometimes you can't get all info in person, I too also usually follow up with a phone call. But yah I agree blue collar companies are alot more receptive.

I mean with walk-ins you never know what could happen. There have been times where I have walked in and written Apps. on the spot.

One thing I do to increase my chances of getting in and quoting at renewal is send certain prospects my monthly newsletter.

Back