Flying Car Will Pose Challenges to Insurers

People in the insurance company never thought of a flying car before. But this hybrid vehicle will have its debut in the market come 2011, so there is still plenty of time on how to classify this car. Car or aircraft license? Maybe both.

Does this car needs a special runway? You can't just take off from the road. ;)

Last edited:
Will you have to have pilot training and get an FAA license to drive this car? On the PA Turnpike, I think I already have seen flying cars----you can be doing 80 mph and they pass you as if you're standing still!

If sales of this vehicle? plane? caplane? autolane? get off the ground, sorry couldn't resist, there are those certain individuals that should never be allowed to own one of these. We all know what type of person I'm talking about.

The insurance companies would definitely have to come up with a new high-risk insurance classification. Frankly I think that the only people who would be able to afford the insurance premiums would be the ultra rich anyway.

This is like science fiction. I guess this vehicle will give Ferrari and Porsche a run for their money, these cars would be the new breed of hot cars! What's next? A flying car that can also travel in water?

Last edited:
There is already a car that can go in the water----I assume it is a small market. Does the owner of that vehicle need both auto and marine insurance, or is there a combined risk policy? Also, is a boat license required in addition to the automobile license?

I did a little research about these aqua cars. They are still looking to license the car before they could sell it. As to what license, I dont know.

Last edited:
Back