FMO Comment(getting Appointed with Carriers)

ladymj

I have signed with an FMO and I find the task almost daunting...nothing is done via E-apps, I have to print and return documents for each carrier and I signed up with 4 of them and then I had to sign up with another( a drug plan carrier)one just to get my own URL site. I wish I had know before getting in too deep that I had to do all of this or I would have gone with a larger FMO that did all the carrier appoinments by E-apps.:mad:

Just my 2 cents....

I have signed with an FMO and I find the task almost daunting...nothing is done via E-apps, I have to print and return documents for each carrier and I signed up with 4 of them and then I had to sign up with another( a drug plan carrier)one just to get my own URL site. I wish I had know before getting in too deep that I had to do all of this or I would have gone with a larger FMO that did all the carrier appoinments by E-apps.:mad:

Just my 2 cents....

Well at least the hard part of this industry is behind you. On to making millions now.

Just my 2 cents....

I feel differently as twice with 2 different IMOs those e appointments some amazingly submitted appointment paperwork for carriers I did not request.

Just my 2 cents....

SO now that 30 minutes of your life is gone, on to kicking ass and taking names

The E app process is not the simplest either. There still a lot of repetitive stuff you have to submit over and over. Makes no sense in this day and age.

Now you can understand the pain of having to fill out a paper application vs e-app. Good luck at kicking butt and taking names.

I feel differently as twice with 2 different IMOs those e appointments some amazingly submitted appointment paperwork for carriers I did not request.

I've had this happen as well. Of course, with that FMO (probably 10 years ago on for Major Medical), all they had me do is answer a few basic questions, sign within a block, and then they did all the actual contracts from that. They put me with carriers that I had no idea I was with until I started getting emails about appointment renewals. It was a short-lived nightmare.

We do use SureLC/SuranceBay to contract all of our agents now, but the agents do it all and have the ability to pick whatever companies they want. This way there is nothing for us to mess up.

I've had this happen as well. Of course, with that FMO (probably 10 years ago on for Major Medical), all they had me do is answer a few basic questions, sign within a block, and then they did all the actual contracts from that. They put me with carriers that I had no idea I was with until I started getting emails about appointment renewals. It was a short-lived nightmare.

We do use SureLC/SuranceBay to contract all of our agents now, but the agents do it all and have the ability to pick whatever companies they want. This way there is nothing for us to mess up.

Does SureLC/SuranceBay allow an agent to transfer an appointment from one FMO to another within the system? Example appointed with FMO A via the system and want to move to FMO B who uses the system

Does SureLC/SuranceBay allow an agent to transfer an appointment from one FMO to another within the system? Example appointed with FMO A via the system and want to move to FMO B who uses the system

No, each carrier has their own specific process that must be followed to do that.

Back