FMO's, Do you really need one?

Being that the thread was about the company I have joined I thought I would put my knowledge of it in a post. I am only an agent, you will not find me posting any type of recruiting on here. I just want to learn.

I have not seen anything 'bad' about them. If you are new, you probably need a mentor. I get the impression they are a small and fairly local FMO. The owners name is vaguely familiar, but I am not sure where we may have crossed paths or I heard of him. If they are local to you and offer you support, training, fair commissions, ect... go for it. You will learn and acquire the tools to go independent if that is the direction you want to go.

Good luck.

They are kind of local but the oline training is some pretty good stuff. Your right I am learning everyday something different. Do all FMO offer leads and training or is this rare? How long has everyone been in the business? I have Heard of ramiz hakim & associates but I want to go with a someone who has had a little more experience than his company! I would want someone older and wiser to mentor me.

They are kind of local but the oline training is some pretty good stuff. Your right I am learning everyday something different. Do all FMO offer leads and training or is this rare? How long has everyone been in the business? I have Heard of ramiz hakim & associates but I want to go with a someone who has had a little more experience than his company! I would want someone older and wiser to mentor me.

No, all FMO's don't offer leads and training. Take me for instance...I just give out the high contracts because I don't offer this. However, I can steer you to good leads and depending on the training needed I can steer you in that direction. See, sooner or later, the agent learns that he can get a higher contract, doesn't need training and is better off getting his own leads. That's when a good FMO really comes into play by offering you the %'s that no one else will.
As for Ramiz...I wouldn't knock him so much, he is very well respected here. I know of many agents on this very board that go through him and give him praise. Now, if you need an actual "mentor", you need someone that is local to you to hold your hand and teach you. Just remember, there is a price for learning. If you need to learn the basics, then don't expect to get the good contracts.

I'm not knocking anyone he is just a little young. I want to contract with someone who is been in the market a little longer. I have heard good things and bad things about his company as for most companies I have read into. I like my FMO so far but I want some other products through another FMO. Any other good ones out there?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The FMO I am working with offered me a high commission, training and leads with scripts at no cost and I am not under any rules. I am looking to market other products than the final expense and funeral trust under other FMO or GA that offers the same things.

Last edited:
I'm not knocking anyone he is just a little young. I want to contract with someone who is been in the market a little longer. I have heard good things and bad things about his company as for most companies I have read into. I like my FMO so far but I want some other products through another FMO. Any other good ones out there?
The FMO I am working with offered me a high commission, training and leads with scripts at no cost and I am not under any rules. I am looking to market other products than the final expense and funeral trust under other FMO or GA that offers the same things.

Lol, you got 11 posts and 10 of them are knockin me. Whats your beef?
I dont know who told you what, but if anyone had the impression that I trained people and held there hand thats really not my style. I dont have time for that.

If you are a local agent here in Dayton you should give me a call and I would be more than happy to share my opinion of you FMO. They know me pretty well over there. I believe they still have my picture on the wall for manager of the year or something like that.

Dont know why your all pissy about me, but unless you want to share your name with us I prefer not to waste anymore time with you.

Last edited:

As I said before, give me a call and we'll see what we can do if you're looking to market other things.

Back