Follow up on missed med supp sale.....

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
Every now and then I have a streak of appointments where I can't close the deal on the 1st appointment. I had 2 today. The one couple was truley interested and I could save them $100 a month from AARP. Thy said they have been dealing with insurnce their whole lives and will not make a decision without sleeping on it. I was wondering what the best way to follow up would be.

Should I send them a letter thanking them for their time? When is the best time to call them back? I plan on calling them back next Friday. Most of the time I ask them when I should get back with them but I didn't do that today.

Got a letter Frank? :jiggy:

Every now and then I have a streak of appointments where I can't close the deal on the 1st appointment. I had 2 today. The one couple was truley interested and I could save them $100 a month from AARP. Thy said they have been dealing with insurnce their whole lives and will not make a decision without sleeping on it. I was wondering what the best way to follow up would be.

Should I send them a letter thanking them for their time? When is the best time to call them back? I plan on calling them back next Friday. Most of the time I ask them when I should get back with them but I didn't do that today.

Got a letter Frank? :jiggy:

One way to handle objections is to take the objection away from them and ask for their decision.

In your example you might say, "I understand you need to sleep on this for a couple of days before you take action and I respect that...but tell me...from what we've discussed here tonight, if two days from now you feel exactly the same as you do right now...will it be a yes...or a no?

To be honest, I would chalk that up to "it is what it is." Sales books do a pretty good job of teaching reps that every prospect is a sale and every appointment should be closed....or you did something wrong. I don't think you did anything wrong. You give a good pitch, know your product and some will sign, some won't. If you think you did something wrong every time you run an appointment that doesn't close you'll drive yourself crazy.

Is it possible to be too nice? I hardly ever pressure a prospect into buying. When I do its because I know I can get away with it. Most of the time I don't feel like that. Obviously I wouldn't pressure someone that wouldn't benefit from the sale. Is it possible that I am too nice? Can that be a flaw? How nice is too nice and how much pressure is too much pressure? I usually don't een call the people back that say they want to think about it.

Is it possible to be too nice? I hardly ever pressure a prospect into buying. When I do its because I know I can get away with it. Most of the time I don't feel like that. Obviously I wouldn't pressure someone that wouldn't benefit from the sale. Is it possible that I am too nice? Can that be a flaw? How nice is too nice and how much pressure is too much pressure? I usually don't een call the people back that say they want to think about it.

You big hoosier;)
Whatever you are doing, if you are doubting yourself now, it is a tell that you think you're too soft.
I say take a pen and paper out and do a basic outline of your current closing technique and ramp it up a notch.

Back