For P&C what Rater Does Everyone Use? (Help)

I'm going to start up an independent agency and break away from being a captive or "exclusive" and I wanted to know what's a great rater. FSC Rater is the one a friend uses to rate with the appointments she has and she said its over 200$ monthly. Is that the best rater or is there one better for the price and would it work with all appointments? Thank you for your responses.

Where are you located? Some raters only support certain states, and their supported carriers can vary by state.
Personally I'm currently using AccuAuto (serves a handful of states in the southeast) but I'm about to do the 2 week trial of semcat, because I'm going to be doing rating in multiple states.

Where are you located? Some raters only support certain states, and their supported carriers can vary by state.
Personally I'm currently using AccuAuto (serves a handful of states in the southeast) but I'm about to do the 2 week trial of semcat, because I'm going to be doing rating in multiple states.

I'm in California are all the raters 250$?

No.
I'm currently paying $89/month for rating with 6 auto carriers. I would pay a separate fee in my nonres states for rating there.
Reason I'm looking into semcat is they appear to support a couple of regional carriers my current rater doesn't (one of which I just got a contract with), they can also rate home, cycle, etc, and it's the same fee regardless of how many states. It's comparable to what I'm paying now.

No.
I'm currently paying $89/month for rating with 6 auto carriers. I would pay a separate fee in my nonres states for rating there.
Reason I'm looking into semcat is they appear to support a couple of regional carriers my current rater doesn't (one of which I just got a contract with), they can also rate home, cycle, etc, and it's the same fee regardless of how many states. It's comparable to what I'm paying now.

Ok that sounds good and you have 6 Auto carriers is that typical or how many does a broker usually have? Thanks for replying to my posts much appreciated.

----------

Ok so my business partner just informed me that it's not $25 a month...we pay $75 per month and we're through SIAA. It's free for our SIAA carriers & then we pay $15 per month per user per additional carrier...

Ok well I'm not going to a cluster or network just straight off appointments. im weighing my options seeing what is the best choice for my situation. EZlynx looks cool I'm going to check it out.

What is your situation? What kind of business will you be writing? What's your experience?

You may not get the appointments you want/need depending on what you plan to write and how much experience you have to show. Clusters aren't inherently evil, they are a good for for some, it just depends.

6 auto carriers may or may not be enough depending on your location and how focused your marketing efforts are.

So, what experience do you have? If you're relatively new, all this discussion might be moot.

FSC is king in California. If you can afford it, get it. Your monthly rate is completely negotiable.

I even have a big name rater allowing me to use their software for free and I still choose to pay for and use FSC.

What is your situation? What kind of business will you be writing? What's your experience?

You may not get the appointments you want/need depending on what you plan to write and how much experience you have to show. Clusters aren't inherently evil, they are a good for for some, it just depends.

6 auto carriers may or may not be enough depending on your location and how focused your marketing efforts are.

So, what experience do you have? If you're relatively new, all this discussion might be moot.

My partner has been a producer around 10 years and me this is my 2nd. We did around 200k premium this last year. I'm in California and for appointments I have a packet and negotiations ready to try to get certain appointments.

----------

FSC is king in California. If you can afford it, get it. Your monthly rate is completely negotiable.

I even have a big name rater allowing me to use their software for free and I still choose to pay for and use FSC.

If it's the best ill get it but I did like the way EZlynx worked and its interface. Is EZLynx bad in CA?

----------

I use EZLynx and pay $150 a month. It is a huge time saver!

Yea I checked it out it looks really good what state are u in and what appointments do u have? Are u in a cluster or network?

Back