For THos of You Running an "Agency" with sub-agents, etc...

CT Insure Guy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For Those of You Running an "Agency" with sub-agents, etc...

I am thinking of establishing an Agency at some point ( I already have 1 worthless sub through Assurant) and offering a very fair, honest contract through Assurant and maybe some of the other carriers I work with. I plan to offer free training, some free leads and some performance based bonuses, etc. My questions is, does anyone here have a Contract they use (besides one for sub-agent through appointing company) that details commission rates, 1099 status, bonuses, leads, etc? I plan on drafting one specific to my operation but I wondered if anyone has a pretty basic one I could check out?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You should probably have an attorney in your state draft this to be fully protected.

Another option is to draft the contract and have an attorney review what you've put together. It's worth the $200-300 to make sure you've fully protected yourself.

You should probably have an attorney in your state draft this to be fully protected.

Another option is to draft the contract and have an attorney review what you've put together. It's worth the $200-300 to make sure you've fully protected yourself.

That is a 100% certainty, yes.

I drafted a Contract for my wifes Pet Sitting business a number of years back and even though it seemed pretty good I did have my attorney review and tinker with it, as they always like to do. I just wondered if anyone on here had a basic template...

Back